Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner

Wedding celebration ideas

SunnyPurpleDiamonds98442, 17 of April of 2020 at 13:04 Posted on Just Married 0 4

Hi everyone!

We got married in March 2019. It was small and cheap, costing just over £5,000. We didn't have the money to have the wedding I've dreamed of and have been planning since I was about 10. I also have health issues which meant the wedding was smaller than we would've wanted (only 27 guests) and we didn't have an evening party. We were going to have a big party the following month for all the people that didn't come to the ceremony, but I just wasn't well enough so had to cancel it. This meant loads of friends and nearly all of our families were left out.

Although I don't regret getting married for a second, I feel so sad that we couldn't have the big white wedding id always dreamed of, and that we had to cancel the party. I'm also incredibly sad about all the things that went wrong on the wedding day.

I was rushed getting ready as my hairdresser was late so my make up was rushed, and we were late getting to the ceremony, my dress broke so the photos were spoiled as I had to wear a cheap charity shop faux fur stole in all of them. The photographer was cheap so the photos weren't very good. The car that took us from the ceremony to the reception was driven by a friend (so we didn't have to pay for car hire) and he got lost, so we turned up at the reception late. This meant that the fish and chips that we had at the reception had gone cold by the time we arrived. The reception venue was decorated cheaply so didn't look great. The cake was made by a friend and was a big disappointment. We went to the pub after the reception and it was rammed, so some of the older guests went home early.

Everyday I feel so incredibly sad that all of this happened, and that we couldn't have the wedding we wanted. Does anyone have any ideas on what we could do to make up for this, maybe a party or celebration, without it seeming weird? We're in a better position now financially and with my health.

Thanks!

4 replies

Latest activity by SunnyPinkBridesmaid93768, 22 of July of 2020 at 06:43
  • F
    fireandice ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for this information.

• H
    HappyRedStationery5420 ·
    • Hide content

I was going through the threads and found this one, this is totally understandable. We had experienced similar thing when we married. We took time of couple of months, did some saving and then we gave in house party to the friends. I think if they are true relatives and true friends then they will surely understand your situation. I would prefer to give in house party to give personal touch and show how much all those people mean for you.

• H
    HappyRedStationery5420 ·
    • Hide content

Also, What about giving them a greeting card after the party saying sorry for all the inconvenience that caused during the wedding day?

• R
    RomanticGoldDecor33649 ·
    • Hide content

The day when we get photos is a real cause for clebration. I have found this cool photo editor online and it also somes in very handy when I need to download some new photos online of myself or of the weekend in the mountains, or an evening at the beach. But I also want to start editing photos a little more professionally and compose my own wedding photo album. This Photojaanic is a real life saver for these causes. I have already downloaded all my photos there and waiting for my new photo album to process.

• S
    Beginner March 2021 New South Wales
    SunnyPinkBridesmaid93768 ·
    • Hide content

I'm sorry for you. But don't worry, the main thing is that You are happy in your marriage. You can change the photo session right now: hire a photographer, make a beautiful hairstyle, beautiful makeup.

I think it's very difficult to organize everything in one day. A lot of stress and all for the sake of making your guests happy for you.

My husband and I held a modest ceremony, chose engagement rings and celebrated it with family and close friends. And the next day we had a wedding photo shoot.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics