Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2012

Wedding Cars - any cheap alternatives?

sc2347, 12 of May of 2011 at 18:56 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi All,

Just looking at quotes for wedding cars at the moment and they are so expensive! The cheapest i could find was for £350 which seems a bit much for driving 2 mins down the road from the hotel and then back again an hour later!

Does anyone have any cheaper alternatives or any people they can recommend from the hertfordshire area?

12 replies

Latest activity by Alfred, 28 of March of 2024 at 07:08
  • Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Walking? ?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I had a white fairway taxi which was £250 for 3 hours.

Cheaper alternatives - any relatives/friends with a nice car? Ordinary taxi?

Depends on what you want and how important the car is?

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

The reason that it's so expensive for seemingly so little work/time is because they will only take the one booking for the day usually, to minimise the risk of overstaying one and being late for another.

Unless you really want the big "arriving by posh car" thing - bearing in mind most people are going to be inside the venue and won't see it anyway - then I'd suggest the "relative with nice car" alternative - or, as others have said, if it literally is two minutes, walk.

• fizzypop
    Beginner July 2011
    fizzypop ·
    • Hide content

I agree with my fellow Hitchers, relative with nice car and some ribbon from the Bay of E if you want it to look more weddingy x

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

We have an executive taxi. £100 for a couple of hours for a silver Merc E class. The driver will wear a suit and stick some ribbons on the car. He will also do as many trips as we need to ferry people between hotel and venue. As nobody is going to see me in a car, we were loathe to go the whole hog but I slightly recoiled from a regular taxi with advert stickers down the side.

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sc2347 ·
    • Hide content

Oh that sounds good - thanks!

Should point out that its not literally 2 mins so dont think walking is a realistic option - have visions of me falling flat on my face walking down the road in my wedding dress!

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Not sure where you are based, but our basic package at 2011 prices start at £240 - and we think that campervans rock and leave lots of room for all the dresses! (Although we are a bit biased!!!)?

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I have a camper van [sorry Natalie not from you!!] and it wasnt that much. We also looked on our local taxi compnaies website as they have some quite nice cars for hire there as well and cheaper than normal wedding car compnaies- maybe take a look at yours??

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Do you have an friends/family/friends of friends who have a nice car and could drive you? That's what we're doing!

If we weren't we'd go for black cab, I think they are rather stylish! (NOT a mini cab though he he)

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

We looked into car hire. You can get posher cars if you go for an executive hire and then you can have it for the whole day. It was about £150ish and we would have had a friend drive it for us.

• R
    Beginner August 2020
    RomanticGreenConfetti33016 ·
    • Hide content

Can anyone recommend cheap wedding cars in the Leeds area?

• Mintyslippers
    Mintyslippers ·
    • Hide content

A taxi. Remember, all your guests will be inside so no one will see what you arrive in. We do film it but often getting out of the car in shoes youve never work and a dress which is stunning but usually a bit of a do to move around in makes the shots never the most glamarous.

Camper vans work as there is plenty of space to move in.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics