Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner May 2021

Walking to your wedding venue?!?

RomanticPurpleBridesmaid37365, 28 of June of 2020 at 18:08 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi everyone,

Im getting married (all being well) next May at Liverpool Town Hall and we have the reception at a venue about 4 minutes walk away.

Im planning on getting an apartment the night before and have found one which is 3 min walk from Town Hall. I was planning on simply walking from the apartment to Town Hall (and again from Town Hall to the reception), however I mentioned it to some girls at work and they were shocked I was even considering it!

i just don’t see the point in getting a car for what would be a 30 second journey. Has anybody else done a short walk to their ceremony? If so, how did it work out with your dress?

And for anyone who didn’t walk, but stayed very close to the venue can you share how you got there?

Thank you!

10 replies

Latest activity by HappyPinkHair15172, 3 of July of 2020 at 14:22
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I would say yes do the walk. Every single one of my weddings as far as I can remember in short distances like yours have walked both to the ceremony and also to the reception. But you need a backup plan for rain and also do not forget wind - mainly for your walk to the ceremony. Like the last couple of days - you do not want to be walking to the ceremony, your hair that you just spent all morning being done will be a wreck.

The hotel in which they got ready is in the background next to the Church, the Church was not the venue for the ceremony.

• R
    Beginner May 2021
    RomanticPurpleBridesmaid37365 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much.

Where the weather has been bad, have those brides just got a taxi?

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I know several brides who have walked - one in pouring rain and high wind - she just had one of those long, clear capes to go over her dress and a big 'dome' shaped umbrella to come down over her head and keep her hair safe!

If the weather is really appalling, you could always have a friend standing by with a car to give you a lift, but otherwise - by the time you've got yourself into the car without crushing your dress, you could have walked to the venue!

• R
    Beginner May 2021
    • Hide content

Ok great - thanks for your advice!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not usually a taxi because theses choice to use a car instead will usually late on and you do not want to be reling on a taxi. So as mentioned its usually a relative.

• HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I am also in Liverpool.

Given all the road layout changes to the city centre, it may well be too much hassle to use any sort of transport.

Am assuming if you’re getting married at the Town Hall, you will be having your photos in Exchange Flags behind it?

I think it would be a great photo opportunity to have pics taken of you walking around that part of town, so many great buildings!

• MarkYourOccasion
    MarkYourOccasion ·
    • Hide content

Hello, RomanticPurpleBridesmaid!

Firstly, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! By May everything should have calmed down, so I think the wedding will go ahead as planned. Exciting!

I think walking to your venue is a GREAT idea, and you should do it! It'll simply make your wedding day that little bit more unique. British weather is notoriously unpredictable, so do have a back-up plan, but it's your big day, so you do what you want! Who cares what the girls at work think, huh? Smiley winking

As for the dress, what's stopping you from having someone carry the train for you? I'll repeat the mantra from above: it's your big day, so you do what you want!

On that subject, I'm not sure how much of the wedding you've planned yet, but if you fancy a ceremony with plenty of flexibility, a celebrant-led ceremony is the way to go. I'm a Marriage Celebrant myself, so if you decide to go down that road, just let me know! I'd be honoured to be a part of your big day.

Good luck with everything, and have a great day!

• R
    Beginner May 2021
    • Hide content

Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply. I actually haven’t heard of Exchange flags (id like to blame this on me not being from Liverpool but I did live there so I’m not sure what my excuse is!!). I’ll definitely check it out.

have a brilliant wedding - Liverpool is such a great city!

• S
    Beginner July 2021
    SunnyRedCakes91622 ·
    • Hide content

Go for the walk! It will be an experience. You can always get a taxi if it rains or even better, have a backup driver (friend).

Love Susie x

• L
    Beginner May 2022
    LuxuriousGold77060 ·
    • Hide content

I love Liverpool and could walk around it all day. Don't go for a car. You will look gr8

xxx

• HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hi again.

If you're not sure on great photo ops, feel free to message me and I can give you some pointers!

If you head straight down Water St you can be at The Three Graces in less than 5 minutes.

Ali xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics