Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kezz_howland
Beginner August 2013

Underwear help!!!!!

kezz_howland, 2 of April of 2013 at 21:36 Posted on Planning 0 20

I am a size 14-16 with big thighs that rub! I am lost about what to do with underwear. ATM my dress is v tight as I am determined to lose a stone before the big day. (still possible... it's in August!) so the question is... do I buy shaping underwear (just in case), but it would have to be thigh length to keep my legs from rubbing and getting sore!! Or do I buy normal underwear and buy some of those tights that stop at the knee? I don't want to wear full length tights as will make my shoes too slippy on my feet I think! What would you do? I can't be the only lady out these in this awkward position! I'm worried if I buy shaping underwear it will roll down... as tights always do on me!! As do most of my trousers!

PS it's a strapless dress!

20 replies

Latest activity by Sinéad, 17 of August of 2022 at 21:13
  • J
    Beginner May 2013
    jen_jj ·
    • Hide content

I have the exact same problem as you! I'm getting married in a month and having my dress fittings in 2 weeks. I still haven't managed to sort my underwear out and can't decide on the tights / those tights that stop at knees. I am leaning towards the knee tights as they won't roll down etc and although it's not exactly attractive it will stop me worrying all day or having to go and mess about with tights all day long. Am keen to know what everyone else thinks!

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

If I had a stick thin figure and could get away with sexy undies I would but I'm not that lucky Smiley xd I'm wearing hold me in shorts that go from under my bust right down to mid-thigh SEXY! I'd rather look more shapely on the outside than squeeze into a dress with lumps and bumps on display. Also wanna be as comfy as I can be on the day. Can't be doing with thigh rash and vaseline rubs on my wedding day! xXx

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

I have super suck in underwear Smiley smile they go from my high waist to just above my knee. It's always funny how they look like baby shorts - yet I still manage to squeeze into them. Mine do tend to roll a bit at the top but it's not noticable. Will you get VPL if you wear some 'normal' underwear then tights on top?

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I'm totally going to be rocking the spanx! I would go with them anyways, even if you lose the extra stone (good luck, by the way!).

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Yep me too! I'm wearing the super sexy ribs to thigh thingy that looks like a 2yr old would struggle to get into. Surprisingly comfy but I have no natural waistline as such so the top does roll itself down a smidgen but nothing problematic- there's literally only about 2inches max between the bottom of my ribcage and my hipbone! Rugby player physique...glorious lol! Not really carrying any excess weight as such, but want a better contour and a bum lift so I'm sticking with the magic pants. OH none to impressed mind you, hardly sexy - but what he doesn't know is that to even access said undies he's got the unfastening of a long corset to tussle with first lol! Can defo see our wedding night being a sexless one haha :0D

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

You can get bodysuits that are like long shorts with straps, you then wear a normal bra with it. Means no roll down, no chafing and great shape. Under dresses that are long enough I sometimes wear big bloomer type pants!! The are by Sloggi and are called long leg briefs I thing- basically same shape as a control short but made of cotton so breathable and stop the rub. Not sure they'd be great under a tight fitting dress though

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

My dress is fitted until the mid-thigh then goes out (fit and flare?!).

I think I'll probably get some hold-in underwear just incase.

Been looking at Spanx website but you know how you get ones that sit right under your bra?

How the hell will they work with your dress and going to the toilet?

I imagine once my dress is on I'm not going to be able to put my hand up the top part to put these in place?

Anyone know anywhere that does good ones but that have popper crotch or similar?

Thanks

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I've never seen any with a popper crotch, but some are crotchless ? and some sort of have a envelope crotch - both styles I've worn with a thong underneath to stop extra vpl, then just sort of pulled it asked to pee!

• kezz_howland
    Beginner August 2013
    kezz_howland ·
    • Hide content

I believe some do like a hook and eye type fastened flap to pee with! lol. Gok's I think do them... but not sure. I read somewhere that spanx do too though?

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

I've heard of something like this that simply be do I think? With a pee hole! I found it a nightmare to find something that would let me wear my own bra, with straps to stop it rolling down and with a popper crotch. Impossible. There's a gap in the market there ladies!!! Smiley laugh

• kezz_howland
    Beginner August 2013
    kezz_howland ·
    • Hide content

I found them... the perfect pants! Only one problem... I can't afford friggin £74 for a pair of friggin pants!!! How ridiculous!

http://www.spanx.co.uk/shop/shaping-midthigh-bodysuit.html#

• M
    Beginner March 2014
    Mary C to be K ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've got a Belvia bodysuit that I got from ASDA of all places that is exactly this. I like it because I have quite a long body and anything without straps rolls down but because it's got a opening crotch, hooks I think not poppers, I can still go to the loo! I've found the normal bodysuits flatten my boobs probably because they're not long enough in the body but with this I can wear whatever bra suits.

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

:o I bet they don't do plus sizes Smiley sad I have seen some body shapers in ASDA but the leotard type things with boobie bits and they size them in cup size. I need them to be sized in butt sizes; small, medium, large, x large, and WHOAA MAMA! << me lol Smiley sad

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Bugger!!! I hadn't thought about toileting!!! Might have to wear my body shaper to my fitting then see how well my corseted dress will or won't hoik up.... Flip!! I'm normally so well planned!!! Ggrrrrr......

• M
    Beginner March 2014
    Mary C to be K ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I got the biggest size in the Belvia bodysuit and I'm about a size 20-22. It fits me and is pretty comfy considering you have to squeeze into it and it holds all my wobbly bits in! It doesn't make me look thin as such but much more toned and smooth not bumpy!!

• R
    Beginner January 2020
    RomanticGoldDiamonds39033 ·
    • Hide content

That's not a big issue. First of all, you should start dieting and exercising to lose some pounds. However, you can also wear tight shapewear under your clothes. I don't think it would be hard to wear in mild temperature.

• Haz
    Dedicated September 2022 Staffordshire
    Haz ·
    • Hide content
    I'm going with ivory shorts with lace around the legs. Need to be comfortable and avoid the chubrub.
  • Jessica
    Beginner October 2023 Greater Manchester
    Jessica ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhh don't get poppers, I had one and all was going OK til I heard a pop, looked at my sister who knew what I had on and we started laughing bad move POP POP and that was wearing a dress I could go to the toilet in unaided, last thing you need is someone with an inspection lamp trying to pop you back in everytime you giggle 😃
  • J
    Beginner August 2022 Essex
    Jasmin ·
    • Hide content

Just to add, you don't need to lose weight for your wedding, don't stress yourself out by adding extra pressure on yourself. You're beautiful and amazing just the way you are xxx

p.s Megababe is a savourit for the thigh rub!

• Sinéad
    Dedicated October 2022 Cork
    Sinéad ·
    • Hide content
    Hey my neice swears by rubbing on roll on deodorant. She uses one that is square and is like vasaline. She always does this and says it works. This way you don't need to worry about the underware. I would suggest trying it with a few different brands to see if it works. Maybe it would need to be replied during the day. Hope this helps 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics