Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

raspberryjam

Thermos flasks

raspberryjam, 1 of February of 2009 at 17:00 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 6

I have been given a small thermos flask, I was thinking about taking some soup in it for lunch. Maybe a daft question but how long will it keep stuff warm? If I was to put hot soup in at 0700 would it still be edible at 1300?

Thanks in advance

6 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousYellowConfetti64609, 21 of May of 2020 at 04:40
  • Petal
    Petal ·
    • Hide content

I love my thermos flask (saddo that I am ?) but yes, it should keep it warm until 1pm if you put it in at 7am.

I have a feeling it would keep it hotter for longer than that if you wanted it to?

HTH

xxx

• raspberryjam
    raspberryjam ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant, I have made some soup today and want to take some to work I hate using the microwave at work as there is normally a line of people waiting to use it.

• Petal
    Petal ·
    • Hide content

Oh, and an extra tip is fill it with hot water first to get it 'warmed' up inside and then empty and put your hot soup in. Also, if you wrap it up in a blanket/tea towel or whatever and keep it out of the cold, that should also help.

• raspberryjam
    raspberryjam ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ?

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

It should deffo keep your soup warm until lunchtime, probably until dinner time at night TBH. I remember having a fabby stainless steel thermos (SS in and out) and I used to take hot water to work with me every day to make my coffee (we didnt have hot water or kettles in the office) Id boil the kettle and swill some boiling water around the inside for a bit to warm it up first. Then fill it with my hot water for the day. Sometimes on a Friday if I hadnt used all my water and I brought my flask home, Id forget to empty it until Monday morning and the water inthe flask was still luke warm after 3 days!

• Dooby
    Beginner
    Dooby ·
    • Hide content

Given that it's going to be so flipping cold this week I might take a leaf out of your book and make a big vat of soup up tomorrow night. Be lovely to have some hot/warm soup at lunchtime, especially if it's homemade and yummy. ?

• L
    LuxuriousYellowConfetti64609 ·
    • Hide content

The duration of insulation depends on the material of the insulation flask itself. The brands I like can maintain a temperature of more than 8 hours, hydro and yeti. Although they do not have a price advantage, you will never regret having them. In the summer, if you want to take ice coffee outdoors, they will be able to warm it perfectly.

https://www.gearhunder.com/yeti-vs-hydro-flask/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics