The Lowry Theatre, Manchester

JayneyB
Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous12
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 6 Feb 2014 13:42

Re: The Lowry Theatre, Manchester

We are having our reception at The Lowry Theatre - so excited! We fell in love as soon as we saw it. Can't help with food - but we know people who have been to weddings and events there and said it was good. They are having an open day next month with suppliers etc so that would be worth investigating

x

• Posted: 6 Feb 2014 17:06

ravioliruby:

mooshy:

When we first started dating, our 3rd date, OH took me to the Quays on a day out because I wanted to go to the imperial war museum (geeky I know). We had lunch in the Lowry theatre and then walked around the gallery and half way round he pulled me behind an exhibition for a sneaky snog (our first kiss) so it's always been pretty special so he planned our proposal in the same spot as our first kiss. (Anyone want a vomit bowl?)

Aww, that's sweet! Initially, I read that he proposed on your 3rd date, after your first kiss, which seemed a bit sudden though Laugh

Haha, that would've been quite a kiss!

• Posted: 7 Feb 2014 19:19

Hi! I got married there on 10/11/12. And it was seriously the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!  The venue was amazing every step of the way although the planner Emily I think has left. Food was fantastic and we got some fabulous pictures! I certainly recommend it for somewhere 'different'. I'm more than happy to help with more info. xx Good Luck with the planning!

• Posted: 7 Feb 2014 19:53

Us too. Great photo opportunities. When are you getting married? 

• Posted: 7 Feb 2014 19:56

JayneyB:

Hi! I got married there on 10/11/12. And it was seriously the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!  The venue was amazing every step of the way although the planner Emily I think has left. Food was fantastic and we got some fabulous pictures! I certainly recommend it for somewhere 'different'. I'm more than happy to help with more info. xx Good Luck with the planning!   

Your pictures look fab. Any others you don't mind sharing to help me with ideas would be a big help. We are getting married at church so it is just the compass room, which when you see if bare as great as the views are it is hard to imagine set up for day. How many guests did you have? 

• Posted: 7 Feb 2014 19:57

Ps the 10/11 is my birthday! Good choice!! 

• Posted: 7 Feb 2014 20:26

Here's a couple more , if you send me your email address I can send you a few more, we have over 450 photos, I wouldn't want to bore everyone! Is there anything you wanted to see in particular? Smile  I'm still a bit obsessed with my own wedding!

• Posted: 7 Feb 2014 20:35

Wow they are lovely. Love the mr and mrs sign in lights! I suppose ideas for where is good for the photos and how you had the room. Any other tips for the venue are appreciated. My email is 

thats really kind of you it is  claremteach@gmail.com

• Posted: 7 Feb 2014 20:38

The Compass Room…. & top table. we didn't have fresh flowers as i had felt flower bouquets so we went with candles...

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous12