Table Names

LuxuriousPinkDecor833
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 11 Jul 2018 15:25

Table Names

So i overthink and over analyse everything in my life and always have.

We have 9 tables plus top table for our wedding and i have now decided that i cant possibly have numbers for my tables in case i upset the people on the back end of tables ie 8 and 9.  In my head i would hate for one single person to think they was not as important or wanted there as much as anyone else.  But that me and i am never going to change.

So i am trying to come up with table names,  We arent huge music fans and are stuggling to find anything we really like.

I love the idea of places we have visited and a photo but my brother and his now wife had that idea and i dont want to copy.

We are now thinking of naming our table after cocktails, We are still youngish, like to go out for a drink  and over the next  few months are thinking of going out and getting some photos of us posing with the cocktails and using these.

What is everyone opinion on this ?  or does anyone else have a good idea i can use!

• Posted: 11 Jul 2018 21:55

Re: Table Names

I've been to weddings where the table names were Scottish Islands but that might not work if you're not in Scotland. Also went to one where the tables were named after trees which I thought was nice but also think it was because the groom was a tree surgeon! He made wee mini tree centre pieces with lights on them for each table and it was just lovely.

• Posted: 12 Jul 2018 13:13

That sounds like a really nice idea! Honestly you can have anything you like as table names. We're not having any but if we did I would probably have something that says something about us as a couple like you are. 

• Posted: 12 Jul 2018 23:43

Really you can have anything you want if you do not want to hierarchy people with numbers and your cocktail with a picture idea sounds great. Whenever I see something other than numbers it is always something personal to the couple or part of the wedding theme - which is usually personal to the couple also. One i remember was the bride was a marshal arts champion and the table names were names of holds/ mpves and along with a description was a QR code that linked to a video of the hold in action - it may of been the bride with the groom on the receiving end Big Smile Im not sure.  

• Posted: 13 Jul 2018 10:27

I think the cocktails is a great idea. Me and my H2B love drinking whisky, so our centerpieces and table names are all going to be different whisky's. 

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)