Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner September 2017

Staying together the night before the wedding?

PinkGems254, 13 of September of 2017 at 11:33 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi,

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience of staying together / apart the night before the wedding?

We are really torn on what to do - on one hand we think it would be really nice to only see each other for the first time at the alter but on the other hand, we very rarely spend nights apart so we don't want to feel uncomfortable and not really get any sleep the night before and it might be quite nice to wake up together on the morning of our wedding

Also the logistics mean that we will be staying in the same hotel the night before the wedding so it might be a bit of a logistical nightmare trying to avoid each other.

What are you all doing?

Thanks!

7 replies

Latest activity by BlushBride2Be, 18 of September of 2017 at 20:06
  • R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content

I've been wondering about this as well. We live together and I really don't want to have to spend the night in my parents house (left home a long time ago and have never spent the night since). I think I will stay at home and he will stay in the hotel. I agree it's all part of the magic of seeing eachother for the first time at the ceremony. Could one of you stay in a different hotel near by? Or ask reception to put you in rooms at the opposite end of the hotel from eachother.

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married locally so he'll be at home and I'll be at the venue (no need for a wedding car!).

We don't currently live together so being apart isn't an issue, but I think it builds excitement that you can't see each other until you're at the altar. But on the other hand, waking up together sounds quite nice....

Haha you've got me doubting my plan now!

He has things to do on the morning and so do I, we're staying separate... Probably

• E
    Beginner October 2017
    ExpensiveYellowConfetti904 ·
    • Hide content

We were planning on staying together and travelling together, however I don't want to travel in my dress for an hour and don't want to have to get there then get changed, so Im staying with the children and my mum and bridesmaid the night before - my partner is staying at his parents house and coming up early with him best man to get changed at the hotel.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

First rule of weddings is there are no rules.

Only traditions - and you can break those as you see fit Smiley smile

• F
    Savvy July 2018
    FutureMrsT123 ·
    • Hide content

Personally, I can't wait to spend the night before apart! I'll be in a country cottage we've rented with my family and looking forward to a chilled night of pyjamas and girly films! And I think it'll be so exciting to go to bed a Miss and wake up knowing I'll become a Mrs! And I think it'll make seeing him at the alter all the more special Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner July 2017
    SunnyGoldHair813 ·
    • Hide content

Nothing quite compares to the feeling you get seeing your H2B for the first time at the alter, I feel that would be diminished a bit if you were to have already seen each other in the morning.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

We were in a hotel and spent the evening before together and slept in separate rooms, not seeing each other until the ceremony. I didn't sleep a wink and felt horrendous, but that probably would have been the case if we had spent the night together.

i feel so as you both fancy and don't worry what anyone else says or think!

I think there is something lovely about waking together on your wedding morning, quite special. Also, too, staying apart until the big moment!

• B
    Beginner August 2018
    BlushBride2Be ·
    • Hide content

We live together, been together over 10 years now and have a 6 year old son. We will all stay at the reception venue the night before with my family, it is a self-catering holiday home. I'll probably sleep in the same room as OH, he's planning on returning home in the morning of the wedding. He will get ready at our house and walk the dogs (who unfortunately are not allowed at the reception), I'll get ready at the hired house then we will meet up separately at the church. That way I think we get best of both worlds, wake up together but then part early morning and not see each other until the church in the aft (half way between the two houses!). However, the hired house sleeps 30 people so we could have different rooms lol. I agree with other comments, it is your day and spend it how it feels right to you both.... no-one else Smiley smile.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics