single dad

tjNdespair
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 12 Jun 2018 5:14

single dad

Single dad has no dance partner for wedding. Shall I leave it to him to ask one of the 3 single ladies attending or let him be a non dancer or is it okay for me to arrange a dance partner for him? He has a gf, I am not trying to get him a date or girlfriend, just a dance partner.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• Posted: 12 Jun 2018 8:54

Re: single dad

Maybe have a word with your bridesmaids and ask them to keep an eye on your dad - if he looks a bit lonely, maybe they could have a chat or ask him to dance. That's what your bridesmaids are for! 

I wouldn't try to fix him up with a dance partner though, I'm sure if he wants to dance, he can ask someone himself. He might be a bit embarrassed if you try to arrange it for him, and it might come across like you're trying to set him up romantically, even if you're not!

Are you doing a father-daughter dance? That's always nice :) 

• Posted: 14 Jun 2018 23:15

I'm confused... why does he need a dance partner?  Usually at weddings everyone gets on the dancefloor and dances together.

• Posted: 16 Jun 2018 11:18

If he has a gf cant she dance with him?

• Posted: 16 Jun 2018 12:03

i would not push him, just let it be as it is, if he is single let him choose one of the girls or not

• Posted: 16 Jun 2018 12:31

What?! 

If he has a gf, then he’s not really ‘single’ is he? I can’t understand why you would think it’s acceptable to ‘partner’ singles up - is it just me that finds this hugely patronising? Let him dance with whoever he wants! And that goes for the three other single ladies.

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)