Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner March 2020

Save the Evening?

HappyBlueDecor981, 9 of January of 2019 at 20:03 Posted on Planning 0 1

I have my Save the Dates and will be sending out soon (just over year until the wedding). Have seen "Save the Evening" cards and just wondered if anyone else has done this?

Part of me thinks it's probably unnecessary as people are unlikely to need too much notice for a Saturday evening in March.

However we have quite a few people who I know would probably want to book a hotel and so the more notice the better. If we bought them we'd only send to family friends as these are extremely unlikely to change, whereas work friends etc we'd wait until we were sending formal invites.

My mum did ask whether I though it might ruffle some feathers but to be honest I'd rather if people are disappointed in only being invited to the evening to just get it out of the way now than dealing with it closer to the wedding when I'll have so much more on my mind.

Advise and thoughts would be great Smiley smile

1 replies

Latest activity by HappyBlueDecor981, 9 of January of 2019 at 20:25
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like a good plan! Make sure the full day guests get plenty of advance notice for the hotel rooms though, before the evening ones go out.

• H
    Beginner March 2020
    HappyBlueDecor981 ·
    • Hide content

The rooms at the venue have already been allocated to parents, grandparents and bridal party (there's only 14 rooms) so it's more local hotels but good point to send the day ones out first! If I do buy them will definitely do that; these are the ones I was looking at personalised-save-the-date-evening-card

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics