Save The Dates

BristolBride2812
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 13 Jun 2018 14:33

Save The Dates

Hi everyone,

We’re just sorting out our save the dates and planning to send them to all the people we intend to invite to the whole day of the wedding and worry about inviting evening guests when we send invites. For reference our wedding is end of July 2019 so sending save the dates this month and then I believe you usually send real invites about 6 months out?

My question is when sending a save the date to someone who will have a plus one or a family etc would you address the save the date to just the main invites or them “plus guest” or them “plus one”? There are some couples where it makes sense to name them both but for plus one type invites im not sure that I need to mention it...

How did you guys address your save the dates/what would you expect as a guest? I’ve only been to one wedding that wasn’t a family wedding so I don’t have a lot of experience to go on!

• Posted: 13 Jun 2018 15:56

Re: Save The Dates

We didn't bother with save the dates, we're just telling people as we see/speak to them, so I can't comment on how we did it.

Regarding other weddings that I've received 'save the dates' for, I'm not sure you need to put any names on at all! 

I've usually just had a card with a 'X&Y are getting married on dd/mm/yy, save the date!'

It will save you time (from writing out names) and money (if you decided to get them printed with names) to avoid names altogether.

If you do decide to go now the names route, I would go with:

'NAME & NAME' if they are in a relationship,

'NAME, NAME & family' if they have kids that are going to be invited,

and just 'NAME' if they are single or in a new relationship, regardless of whether they will be getting a plus one - you may want to decide that closer to the time, and it's easier to give a surprise plus one where it's needed than to revoke one where it isn't!

Hope this helps! x

• Posted: 13 Jun 2018 22:48

Thanks for your input! 

Not planning on names on the save the dates but just worried people might read into the envelope wording. Def overthinking it but reassuring to get some views of people on here :)

• Posted: 14 Jun 2018 8:40

Ahh, I see what you mean! 

I don't think people will read too much into what's on the envelope, but I think I would put the following:

Both names for a couple in a long-term relationship/living together.

Adult's names for a family - I wouldn't put 'and family' on the envelope.

For single or new relationship guests, I would just put the name of the main invitee on the envelope. 

Hope this helps ;)

• Posted: 14 Jun 2018 10:15

Thanks it’s much appreciated! Sometimes you can drive yourself a bit mad with all this planning stuff 🙈

• Posted: 14 Jun 2018 10:20

Oh god, tell me about it! Mine's not until September next year, and I'm already focussing on little bits, like what order the bridesmaid will walk, instead of the bigger things like actually making my invites and working out the guestlist!

Good luck! 

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)