Reading the laundry thread made me wonder...

raincloud
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12Next >
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 26 Nov 2012 17:36

Reading the laundry thread made me wonder...

How often do you wash/change your bras?

I would like a fresh one every day but it just isn't practical, I don't have enough. I probably end up wearing 2 T shirt ones throughout the week, and maybe a special wonderbra style one if I am going out on the weekend, or none at all if I am in all day! If I am just doing jobs I will wear one of the weekday bras.

*NB when I used to do exercise I always changed into a sports bra, but I don't bother any more so am talking everyday wear, not sweaty bazooka enducing activities.

Is that skanky, OTT or average?

• Posted: 26 Nov 2012 17:43

Re: Reading the laundry thread made me wonder...

I'd say I'm the same as you. 2 basic comfy plain bras last the week and fancy ones come out if I'm dressing up or we're going out.

• Posted: 26 Nov 2012 17:43

I reckon I am about the same as you- two to three bras a week- they get whipped off as soon as I get in from work so they get worn half the day anyway.

I never wear a bra when I am home (unless we have company and I am wearing something nice- like for dinner not just hanging out!) or just going to the supermarket or to my mums etc

• Posted: 26 Nov 2012 17:44

I'm probably about the same as you, and again with separate sports bras for the gym!

• Posted: 26 Nov 2012 17:45

I have a strict one bra/two knickers policy. And I will NEVER wear mismatches (sports activities aside). Therefore, I wash each bra after two wears.

• Posted: 26 Nov 2012 17:52

I wear a clean bra everyday.

• Posted: 26 Nov 2012 17:56

Pre-pregnancy I wore a new bra every day. Now I only have two maternity bras so I wear each one twice and then wash them. I don't like it, I feel like they are old and sweaty but don't want to fork out more money on bras for a few weeks!

• Posted: 26 Nov 2012 17:58

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown:
    And I will NEVER wear mismatches

I would love to be able to afford to do this.

I am terrible at washing bras. I'm scared of doing it. My boobs don't fit into many bras - even ones that are the right size often don't fit because of my odd shape - so I panic about them getting ruined or shrinking. I find they mould to my shape after a few wears and that all goes when they go into the wash. Also the more washes the less time they last and the sooner I have to hunt for a new one. 

On a side note, how many bras do you own that fit you?

I have only 4 at the moment and it's a right pain! I've bought about 10 bras that I've outgrown since this time last year, it's ridiculous. It makes me nervous about buying new ones as I've wasted so much money on lingerie that I've outgrown. 

• Posted: 26 Nov 2012 18:01

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown:

And I will NEVER wear mismatches (sports activities aside).

I think I only have 2 pairs of matching!

EF I am also crap at bra washing- just bought two new bras today to replace some I had bought a couple months ago that I seem to have mangled AngrySad

• Posted: 26 Nov 2012 18:08

I have an easy solution to not mismatching - everyday bras are basic black ones from Tesco with detachable straps so they can be worn with everything. Then I buy nice black lacy knickers/boy shorts. I also have 2 white bras the same as the black, and a few pairs of white knickers. So at least I pretty much always colour match. 

Fancy sets are just that - sets - so still matching.

• Posted: 26 Nov 2012 18:23

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown:

I have a strict one bra/two knickers policy. And I will NEVER wear mismatches (sports activities aside). Therefore, I wash each bra after two wears.

I'm the same, I always like to match! Whenever I buy a new bra, I always buy 2 pairs of the matching knickers to go with it. I know this is abit silly, but it makes me feel good to match!

• Posted: 26 Nov 2012 19:37

I have 2 maternity bras that fit. They get washed whenever Jacob vomits down my cleavage, or every few days, whichever is soonest. Normally the former. :-(

• Posted: 26 Nov 2012 20:22

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown:

I read this as years Weep

• Posted: 26 Nov 2012 20:28

I wear mine about 3 times before I wash them. I only have four bras that fit too, EF. Since coming off the pill my boobs have ballooned. My bras have been too small since the summer so on saturday I finally went to be measured and I am two cup sizes bigger! I can only put in down to coming off the pill. I bought four bras at the weeekend but I'll have to start building up my collection again.

• Posted: 26 Nov 2012 20:39

raincloud:

I wear mine about 3 times before I wash them. I only have four bras that fit too, EF. 

Pretty much this.

Return to: Off Topic Posts
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12Next >