Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SRECOWBURN
Beginner September 2016

PP but I ver much feel so upset and irrational

SRECOWBURN, 25 of August of 2015 at 11:52 Posted on Planning 0 7

I get Married Next September and everything is well on the way to being sorted
So all is fine and well on that front but last night I had the most awful dream and its left me really anxious.

So first of my best friend and MOH didn’t turn up. Like at all and no word from her.
Then my dad didn’t turn up
Then the photographer was drunk so we didn’t get any pictures....
Then all the food was gone and I didn’t get any.
Then People started fighting so I left.
I was walking down the street back to my hotel....(non of which makes any sence as I’m getting the reception is in the hotel we are staying at!) and I collapsed
Woke up in hospital with my beautiful dress covered in blood and the nurses congratulating me on the birth of my daughter (I’m not pregnant BTW and if all goes to plan wont be until after the wedding)

I explained I wasn’t pregnant so I didn’t know what they was talking about, but they assured my I was and passed me a tiny baby girl they named Emma on my behalf who then died!

What the Heck is going on with me....
I am fully aware this was just a dream but it has really upset me and i have no idea what to make of it....

Anyway I know it’s a pointless post but i feel like such a weirdo.
I have heard people say that wedding anxiety dreams but I can’t help but feel on my own...

7 replies

Latest activity by SRECOWBURN, 1 of September of 2015 at 12:41
  • M
    Beginner June 2016
    MissRachael ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry, you're definitely not on your own!

I keep having dreams where there is loads of mess and chairs in the way that I have to move as I walk down the aisle. Then my mum is rummaging through a stack of CDs telling me she will find something for me to walk in to. For some reason we didn't send out invites so no one is there, then OH tells me he has to go to work in the afternoon. All the way through I'm thinking 'this isn't what I planned for my wedding day. How has this happened?'

I'm sure we'll be able to laugh about it all when have had our weddings (which will be perfect!) ?

• Charliebob
    Beginner May 2016
    Charliebob ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry you're not on your own, wedding planning is stressful!!!! Lots of women have these dreams.. think about it it's probably the only day of your life where you want everything to go perfectly.. how you look, the venue, the food, the guests.. so what does our mind do? Play tricks on us. In fact I had a dream myself the other night that stuff just kept going wrong, my dress ripped, guests were saying nasty things, it was horrible. And it does play on your mind a bit for a couple of days after, because all you want is to make sure that stuff doesn't actually happen on the day. You've got plenty of time to plan so why don't you just take a week or few days off from anything wedding-y.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Yep me too. I get to Lapland and turn up at the chapel to find loads of people there even though we are eloping. I fall over on the ice ripping my dress and then the magistrate tells us he can't marry us as our paperwork isn't correct.

Even my h2b has had weird wedding dreams!

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

You are definitely not alone!

I've had several wedding related dreams and they are never good. I had one at the weekend which basically just everything was going wrong. None of the vendors turned up, I had no make up or dress and I had 15 minutes until I was supposed to get married. All the ones I've had are basically a variation on this theme!

I think it's just the anxiety of wedding planning which manifests itself in weird dreams. I really hope my actual wedding will be nothing like my dreams ?

• J
    Beginner June 2016
    Jade8 ·
    • Hide content

I had my first wedding dream the other night and woke up wanting to call the whole thing off! I've heard quite alot of brides saying about the dreams, weddings take over our waking thoughts so they're bound to slip into our unconsious thoughts too!!

• B
    Beginner October 2015
    BridgetJonesNoLonger ·
    • Hide content

I've also started to have dreams where everything is going wrong. So glad it's not just me. Cheers guys

• emmieloos
    Beginner August 2015
    emmieloos ·
    • Hide content

I've had some bloomin weird wedding dreams!!! Some are not nice, other are hilarious!!! I think the funniest was I was in my wedding dress in labour and my other half was driving me to the hospital in an American sports car all excited. Next thing I'm back in the car being driven to the hospital again asking where the baby was because I didn't remember a thing. My OH said "it's ok they gave you ALOT of pain relief. The baby is fine it's at the hospital with Dan." (Dan being my gay best friend and bridesman). At this point I realise that the baby isn't OHs but Dan's baby (remember the GAY one lol) but OH is really excited about it all. So anyway we arrive at the hospital and inside for some reason is a giraffe enclosure with Dan stood next to it really excited. I ask where the baby is and a nurse comes over and says "here he is your beautiful baby," and hands me a freaking baby giraffe!!!!!!! I woke up shouting WHAT THE F**K. So in summary I gave birth to a baby giraffe,on my wedding day, who's daddy was my gay best friend and my OH was completely cool about it. Hopefully this gave you a bit of light relief from horrible wedding dreams. We all had a great big giggle over it and then me and Dan went out and bought a toy giraffe....... We named him Alfie lol

• SRECOWBURN
    Beginner September 2016
    SRECOWBURN ·
    • Hide content

Ladies, thank you.

It ttok afew days but im calm again.

Its nice to know im not alone.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics