Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Curious June 2022 Cambridgeshire

Plus one advice

Expensivepurplebridesmaid50886, 18 of January of 2020 at 21:47 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi there,

we are just about to send out our wedding invitations. A few of our bridesmaids and groomsmen have recently got in to new relationships with in the last 2 months. We haven’t met their new partners and I can’t imagine that we will meet them too many times before the wedding. Do we invite their new partners to the whole day or do we say evening only? We are already trying to cut our numbers down and trying to save as much money as we possibly can.

2 replies

Latest activity by HappyBlueCars582, 19 of January of 2020 at 07:19
  • H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

The bridesmaids and groomsmen are giving up their time to be your bridesmaids and groomsmen. The least you can do is invite their partners to your wedding. I suppose if you invite them to the whole day they might feel a bit like a spare part if they don’t know any of the other guests and their partners are involved in the wedding party so they might be best just coming at night for that reason alone.

• E
    Curious June 2022 Cambridgeshire
    Expensivepurplebridesmaid50886 ·
    • Hide content

Yes that’s what we’re thinking. We have no problem with them coming to the evening but to the day we feel it may be a bit awkward. Neither me or my partner have met their new girlfriends/ boyfriends, they won’t know anyone at the wedding and will be turning up alone as the bridesmaids and groomsmen will be getting ready with us. It’s also £250 per person and I don’t feel comfortable spending that much for someone we may never see again. Just worried about offending our friends :/

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

I was chief bridesmaid a few years ago and my partner was invited but had never met the bride or would know anyone else plus he’s really quiet and socially awkward so he didn’t want to come and I didn’t either as I knew it would be incredibly hard and difficult for him. We used the dog as an excuse and said that we couldn’t get a dog sitter for the weekend!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics