planning a surprise wedding

HappyGreenDecor17545
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 8 Aug 2018 7:18

planning a surprise wedding

We are planning a surprise wedding. I'm wondering if anyone else has done this and has any tips for pulling it off? 

It will be in Manchester but we are planning it from Australia so any venue recommendations would be more than useful :)

• Posted: 8 Aug 2018 8:07

Re: planning a surprise wedding

Sorry, but I think this has the potential to go rather wrong although it does sound interesting on paper! Are you the bride/groom planning a surprise for the guests? 

• Posted: 8 Aug 2018 9:34

I think if you are super organised, it would be great. You'll need two witnesses anyway, so are there 2 people in the UK that you can trust to help you with planning and keep it a secret? 

They could maybe visit venues and do Skype tours with you so you can ask any questions you want? 

Most things can be organised via email, so I think that would be fine. Are you planning any visits over the next year? That way you can at least meet your suppliers face-to-face once, and maybe organise a food/wine tasting?

Because you live in Australia, if you set it up as a big event - maybe for a special anniversary, or one of your birthdays - people will make an extra effort to come.

Give people whatever dress code you like. You can buy your wedding clothes in Australia, and just bring them with you, so that's no trouble.

Sounds exciting - good luck! X

• Posted: 8 Aug 2018 18:38

I've heard of people doing this.  You really need to disguise it as something else though.  I know someone who did it by inviting everyone to her 40th birthday party.

It depends on numbers as to which venues will suit you.  My fave in Manchester is the Principal (aka Palace)

• Posted: 14 Aug 2018 6:52

Hahah, i also wanna have a surprise wedding. Big Smile Hope everything goes well on you! That's really a cool thing!

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)