Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cupcake26
Beginner August 2015

Photo Booth

Cupcake26, 15 of April of 2014 at 15:35 Posted on Planning 0 22

Is anyone having one of these for their wedding? Or has anyone had one at their wedding and was it a success? Thinking I would quite like one but not sure if it will get used.

xXx

22 replies

Latest activity by HeavyMetalMaiden, 10 of May of 2014 at 14:36
  • A
    Beginner February 2015
    auntiejo1 ·
    • Hide content

We are having one and are hoping that everyone will use it!!

Im sure after a few drinks, people will be up for it! x

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    Sheldon ·
    • Hide content

What is a rough cost for this? i think its a great idea and is on my 'would like to have' list

• A
    Beginner February 2015
    auntiejo1 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is £499 and that's for 4 hour hire with un limited pics, video messaging, green screen, props and a guestbook

You can get them cheaper - if you want 3 hours or no guestbook/extra prints etc but the £499 we are paying seems to include everything we want

xx

• lottie.f
    Beginner July 2014
    lottie.f ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure people would enjoy a booth, however I would recommend assigning an usher the job of encouraging people to use it. At a wedding I went to recently there was a queue for the booth as soon as people arrived at the venue and then it was not used afterwards. I think a queue formed as people were unsure about what to do when they were sitting down during the drinks reception. Also, some of the older guests complained about using the photo booth because they felt this was something they HAD to do as the couple wanted silly photos of everyone to make a guest book- perhaps if you include a sign making it clear this is optional!

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I don't really understand the point of them, you're paying a tog to take pics of your guests all day, I don't get why people want to have a photo booth as well?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We've shot lots of weddings with photo booths (not provided by us) and they can be hit or miss depending on a few things.

Sometimes they go down a storm and you'll have people lining up for a go...and another one...and another one! Other times you'll be lucky to get a few people wander in all night. It seems to very much depend on where it's located and your guests.

If you think your guests will enjoy it, great. They are definitely a lot of fun when well used! If you're not too sure, there's always a DIY option?

It's when they are tucked away in a side room that they don't seem to be used as much, so maybe have a think about where you'd put it?

• A
    Beginner February 2015
    auntiejo1 ·
    • Hide content

Unless the photographer is staying all day and well into the evening you may not get pics of the evening guests so we thought it was a great idea to have some of them also but wont be forcing anyone to use it

x

• Lolly2014
    Beginner October 2014
    Lolly2014 ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding in December and they had one and it was a fantastic laugh and used for a lot of the evening even though it was positioned in a quieter part of the venue. It was such a good laugh we are having it at ours too. I guess it probably depends on your wedding guests. If people are happy to use props and have a laugh at themselves then it's going to be a success. It's another keep sake too.

Someone mentioned they didn't see the point if you have a wedding photographer....well I think that's a completely different thing! Wedding photos are for classy memories....photo booths are for crazy fun memories!! Plus the guests get to keep their own copies too with options. I'm a big fan of them. Hence why we are having one!

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

We're considering a diy one rather than paying out for a full-blown one. We're making some signs and collecting fancy dress bits from boot fairs etc..., that way if no-one uses it, we haven't wasted a huge amount of money.

• L
    Laura Radford Photography ·
    • Hide content

Personally I think they're awesome! Mainly as a cool way of ensuring you have photos of everyone from great granny to the kids. It covers all age groups and I literally cry when editing my booth pics....I had one at the weekend where they did jumping air guitar poses. And that was without alcohol! brilliant!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

YOU WHAT?

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

We're not having a photo booth as such, but our photographer is including 2 hours of photo booth-style photgraphy, so has a back drop screen and she brings lots of props with her. I think she will do a certain number of prints on the night for guests to take with them, and we will get a separate small album with a selection of photos in

• L
    Laura Radford Photography ·
    • Hide content

Well spotted....typo.....I believe I meant booth pics.....doh!

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

I went to a conference for work once and they had one in the evening - it was fabulous and I'll always treasure the photos as life has moved on so much for everyone now. Having said that, we aren't having one! Far too much money and I'm not sure our friends and family would be that into it. As part of our dj package they bring a prop box and one of them takes photos of everyone dancing so I'm sure we'll get some fun shots.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I think they're great& i'd imagine they'd go down well with guests, I have a few people who love taking photos of themselves in my family haha, mainly young relatives and know they'd love it too. Isn't in our budget sadly so not having one but would have got one if they were cheaper.

Can also do a diy one with a digital camera and a prop table, lots of people do that nowadays and saves lots of pennies too!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    mrsbee2b ·
    • Hide content

We really wanted a photo booth but at £400+ it was definitely more of a want than a need. We chatted to our tog and it turns out he will do a pop up studio complete with backdrop and props etc for only £200, happy days! it might be worth chatting to your tog to see if he provides anything like this?

• Swirlstudios
    Swirlstudios ·
    • Hide content

We are a new photo booth company offering our services throughout the North East. Our booth starts at £400 for 3 hours. Please visit www.SwirlStudios.com or email us ****@************.***

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

We had one and it was a big success. We got some brilliant photos.

Our tog did ours and it was £175 for 3 hours.

• Jojopug
    Beginner October 2014
    Jojopug ·
    • Hide content

We went to a wedding that had one and became legends after people saw the picture we took lol. After that H2B practically demanded we get one so we have gone with Gigglebooth too, i think the added keyrings as a favour is a bonus, we have it for 4 hours and will be having it from 6pm to 10pm when everyones had a few drinks in them, plus our photographer is my cousin and i wan't her to relax after the ceremony and not have to take any pictures.

• Swirlstudios
    Swirlstudios ·
    • Hide content

We are currently giving you the chance to WIN our 3 hour Swirl Studios Photo Booth for FREE for your wedding.

All you have to do is enter your details on our online entry form at www.SwirlStudios.com

• NeonEvents
    NeonEvents ·
    • Hide content

Here's our photo booth from Neon Evens Ltd.. We charged from £450 but that's literally everything..

• Delivery, set up, pack away OUTSIDE of your operating time
    • A minimum of LIVE hire time with attendant/s
    • An extensive collection of Quality props
    • Unlimited double prints
    • Quality memory/guest book
    • Personalised prints – Practically any design you can think of
    • All images on a USB stick presented to you at the end of the evening or within 48hrs
    • Unlimited FREE full size downloads from our password protected area
    • FREE Facebook Album Upload - We'll upload all your pics onto our Facebook page
    • Includes LED Panels in any colour you like - or flashing/fading.
    • Customise the external panels with your branding, logo, pictures etc (optional)
    • Customise the touchscreen with your branding, logo, pictures etc (optional)
    • Green Screen (optional)
    • Video Messages (optional)
    • £5m Public Liability Insurance

And some pictures...

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

My auntie had one at her wedding, we all got so many awesome pictures Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics