Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ashlil
Beginner February 2011

O/T I'm doing the 26mile moonwalk this Saturday in London for Breast cancer

ashlil, 10 of May of 2010 at 10:49 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all,

just to share, I'm doing the 26mile moonwalk this Saturday in London for Breast Cancer... I am now 40 years old, and the last time I walked properly was too and from school.

I started training in February and when I had done the 1st 2mile walk.. thought OMG.. !! how am I going to do this...

but spurred on by the fact that I have loads of sponsership and when I signed up in October, my MIL2B was diagnosed in January so this is making it very personal to me.

I have walked over 200 miles now in training and done 20 miles weekend before last and will be doing 26miles 385yrds this weekend.

Its got me fit and though I haven't lost loads of weight :o( I have lost 4" off my waist..:o) so major bonus.. x

Just wish me luck and think of me.

thanks

xxx

5 replies

Latest activity by Lynseys Designs, 10 of May of 2010 at 14:05
  • sineadw
    Beginner September 2010
    sineadw ·
    • Hide content

Good luck, a fantastic cause ill be rooting for you let us know how u get on!!

• budgetbabe
    Beginner July 2010
    budgetbabe ·
    • Hide content

Best of luck - what a fantastic cause. Hope it stays nice and dry for you!! xxxx

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

well muscle weighs hevier than fat so that b why you've lost the inchs but not the weight!! Well all the best for sat. Im thinking i would like to do a 10k! Iv never really done proper training or anything so would needa start something!! lol I just think it b a good way of getting in shape for the big day!

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Thanks with your thoughts..

getting excited about the day now but going to take 7-8 hours to do x

• kenzie3
    Dedicated August 2023
    kenzie3 ·
    • Hide content

Goodluck and will be thinking of you xx

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Well done for signing up to do it. I've done a half marathon before and you do get a huge sense of achievement. Take some plasters for your feet and plenty of energy foods and enjoy. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics