Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner

One bridesmaid

SunnyBlueStationery694, 12 of April of 2018 at 21:41 Posted on Planning 0 3

I have only asked my sister to be my bridesmaid. She is very shy and has been worrying about walking down the isle. The groom has 1 best man and 2 ushers. Who could she walk down the isle with? She has mentioned about walking down with my mum, is this the done thing to Do? I don't know what the protocol Is!

I'm having a civil ceremony, if that helps?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

3 replies

Latest activity by Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019, 18 of April of 2018 at 14:38
  • S
    Beginner April 2018
    shanmia35 ·
    • Hide content

The only thing you *have* to do at your wedding is the legal bit - everything else is up to you, so don’t worry about protocol! If you’re happy to have your sister walk with your Mum and it would make her happy and maybe a bit less nervous, then go for it!

• H
    Beginner October 2018
    HappyBrownDecor18059 ·
    • Hide content

God, I'm very shy too and I'm getting nervous about walking down the isle as the bride, with everyone looking at me!!!

Personally, if I were a lone bridesmaid, I would feel much happier walking behind the bride and father, rather than going in first. That way most of the eyes will be on the bride anyway, rather than the bridesmaid, and also she'd be sort of "sheltered" by the people in front. Also give her a reasonable-sized bouquet to hold so that she can feel like she can hide behind it (I don't mean literally so enormous that it hides her, but just for the psychological effect) and making sure she has an outfit she's comfortable in – eg. for me it would be something that's not showing too much skin, possibly including a shrug or shawl or something, and heels that aren't too high for me to walk in, so I wouldn't have to be constantly worrying about tripping up.

I'd try asking her to see if any of those things would make her feel better, and if they don't, there's no reason at all why your mum couldn't walk with her, it's probably not very common but then again I'm sure someone somewhere has done it before and at the end of the day none of it is carved in stone, it's totally up to you.

• H
    Beginner October 2018
    HappyBrownDecor18059 ·
    • Hide content

I've just had another idea - maybe she could walk with the ushers? Again, it might be a bit unusual but it could look impressive. Just an idea to throw out there.

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

• HappyBrownDecor18059's advice about walking in with the ushers is a great one. I've been t o a couple of weddings where they've done it that way, and it looked great Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics