Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner April 2020

Need advice & support plz? Quick wedding

gypsybride, 26 of October of 2019 at 09:21 Posted on Planning 0 2

I’ve been engaged for a week, due to marry on 28 Jan. I want a small wedding of around 40-50 people so how can we organise an evening reception? Our families are all over Britain and many won’t travel, so even the location is a puzzle to decide on. How do you work a small wedding? It’s my second time married and my first wedding was huge but a nightmare to plan and things still went wrong, I had to invite people I didn’t even like and they were plain rude! But this has made me feel nervous as I like to be organised and it’s so quick.

2 replies

Latest activity by gypsybride, 29 of October of 2019 at 13:52
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

'Won't travel' or 'can't travel'? If it's 'can't' then pick a venue near the ones who genuinely can't travel and who you would most like to be with you on your day. (If you have disabled or elderly relatives in more than one location, maybe consider putting them up somewhere locally for the night before and after, so that the journey is less tiring for them?) If it's 'won't travel', then pick a venue that works for you - people who genuinely care about you will make the effort to come. Getting married midweek and out of season, you should have good availability even for a party that size.

Re planning - focus on what is most important to you and don't let anyone talk you into complications. My blood pressure started to go through the roof when I saw 'wedding packages' at various venues, and most of it is a load of stuff we don't need. I think most of the wedding stress comes from trying to accommodate the things that other people say you 'need' or that you think you 'ought' to do - pick what works for you and go with it.

We got engaged on Thursday, and are planning a June wedding next year. We picked a location that works for our elderly parents, who really HAVE to be there and would find it genuinely difficult to travel. And we've told our prospective venues that we don't want a wedding package, just a simple two-course lunch. And if anyone tells us that we need to do X, Y or Z because 'everyone' does it, our answer is that 'we are not everyone'!

• G
    Beginner April 2020
    gypsybride ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou, we've put it back 3 months until April now and having 70 people. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics