Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner April 2016

Motto?

Pooba, 15 of September of 2015 at 11:54 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 14

Hi y'all,

So does anyone have any mottos or sayings they live by? Motivational quotes which get you out of bed and willing to face the day?!

I don't as such, but I try to not turn anything exciting down - if I have the opportunity to do something outside my comfort zone or try a new food, I do my best to say yes and enjoy it. Why not? Life's too short!

14 replies

Latest activity by hollyhollytree, 28 of September of 2015 at 09:52
  • CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

I always say 'Smile and the world will smile with you!'. :-)

This is important in my job as I work in healthcare and all of the patients I can guarantee have had it worse than me. Why not smile and try to brighten their day, even if I'm having a bad one. It wouldn't be fair for me to share my bad day with them in any way! Smiley heart

• KinkyBride
    Beginner March 2016
    KinkyBride ·
    • Hide content

My main one has to be 'there's no point worrying until you have something to worry about'. I'm not always good at taking my own advice though haha!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Mine at the moment is..... Today you will not kill your mother and bury her under the patio!

Usually its its life's too short to not enjoy as much as you can and make the most of it sort of attitude.

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is 'fake it til you make it' which I apply for giving myself some self-confidence, particularly at work.

I also say that I would rather regret doing something than regret not doing it.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I guess the serenity prayer. I carry it on a card in my purse, have it pinned to my PC at work and I have SERENITY tattooed on my arm.

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh I have another... Never regret anything that once made you smile!

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

I don't really have a motto that makes me want to get up and go, but I have one that I remind myself of at work "If you can't say something nice, don't bother saying anything at all"
    And at home "Ladies do not start fights but they can finish them!"

?

• KinkyBride
    Beginner March 2016
    KinkyBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

id forgotten that one, I do use that too.

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think this is mine too, although I tend to paraphrase it when I'm trying to figure out whether I'm right to be stressed or not.

I also love the desiderata - although it's a wee bit long to be considered a moto.

• B
    Beginner July 2016
    bananacatdance ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love love love both of these. Serenity prayer was my first thought when I read this topic and desiderata has gotten me through some tricky times too.

When I was at uni there was a famous ladies loo in the union with a door that was covered on the inside with inspiring messages. My favourite one was "everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end".

Also have a mantra of "all is well, all will be well" which brings my mind nicely back to centre if I start worrying about something.

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

? Brilliant. I shall be using this from now on.

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

Mine is so powerful that I try not to think of it too much, just in case it makes me do something drastic:

Better to live one year as a tiger than one hundred years as a sheep.

I think it might be a Buddhist saying.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

My signature ?

• hollyhollytree
    Beginner September 2016
    hollyhollytree ·
    • Hide content

Another Harry Potter one here! "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live".

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics