Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

pandorasbox
Beginner August 2012

Losing 12lbs in 12 weeks

pandorasbox, 5 of April of 2012 at 20:27 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 7

Do you reckon this is possible?

I was doing 30DS and other Jillian DVDs regularly, then had a really bad 2 weeks where I basically hardly exercised and got into cr@ppy eating habits.

I figure I have about 3 months til I will need a dress fitting and I am currently back up at 12 stone 12 pounds Smiley sad At my lowest I was at 12 stone 6 and feeling great, but then went on a city break and hard party after party through Feb and March, so now I have put the pounds back on and feel like it's such an uphill struggle.

Any tips? I seem locked into a phase of snacking and chocolate lately and just can't snap out of it! I have loads of fruit but still keep buying 'naughty' stuff as well and I am doing my own head in right now!

7 replies

Latest activity by pandorasbox, 17 of April of 2012 at 17:36
  • S
    Beginner September 2012
    Spitfire ·
    • Hide content

You can lose on average 2lbs a week the experts say, but in some cases more.

What you have to do is ease the pressure off yourself and forget the scales for now - look at a lifestyle change and not a quick fix. Just think how great you will look on your wedding day in your dress bhaving dropped a few excess pounds.I'm doing the same right now so I can draw on my own experiences.

I've been on Google and looked the for the lowest calorie foods to eat have a look at this link http://fitbie.msn.com/slideshow/25-shockingly-low-calorie-foods/slide/1

I have been eating chicken fillets, salmon fillets, steak, lean mince meat balls and pork loin steaks. These are a good source of proten and th healthy fats and adding items from the list in the links because basically there is no fat content and the vitamins in them are good for energy.

I have lost 7 pounds in two weeks and have been eating properly and even managed to have a couple of slices of cream cake as a treat. The balance is the right foods without denying yourself of a treat. I limit myself to 2 cups of black coffee, remember coffee bloats you and makes you sluggish, my other drinks are 2 litres of still water and green tea or fruit tea.

Look at food labels seriously they gicve all the indicators, general rule of thumb no more than 4g of fat per item, if its more put it back. Dont be fooled by lo fat items they are packed with sugar, I bought Virtually Fat Free Longley Farm Cottage Cheese ir has more calories than full fat! I was gobsmacked.

Have a meat proten and fill the rest of your plate with a nice dressed salad, celery, watercress and spinach are great for weightloss because they are mainly water and you can havde as much water as you like. They also flush out the toxins deposited in your system.Green vegetables like broccoli, green beans and peas can be loaded on your plate with say a grilled steak.

Cook with little or no fat if you can, I dry fry a steak to start with as the natural juices give you a cooking oil. I basically take out as much fat as I can.

Hunger is often mistaken for thirst, buy bottles of water Asda for example do 6 Volvic for around £2.00, then have a 2 litlre bottle so you are measuring your intake. You will be very surprised how much water contributes to weight loss. Drink a cold glass of water before any meal, it makes you feel fuller. Choose a smaller plate to put your food on, that way you can't put as much on.

To satisfy you own curiosity take body measurements, measure the tops of your arms, tops of thigh, waist and hips and bust then record your starting weight.

Don't shop for your houehold food if you are hungry it makes you impulse buy pies and pastries and bad things that you crave.

I have lost half an inch off my waist and is a result of healthy eating and not starving myself.

Alcohol has hidden calories, I learned that the lighter the colour of the drink the better, so for instance dark rum and jaegermeister are loaded with sugar. White wine spritzers with soda are good, one because you use less wine and two the soda is just carbonated water. Champagne is the best, albeit very expensive.

The main thing is finding that inner control and showing restraint, have a piece of fruit when you crave that chocolate bar. Blueberries and pineapple are meant to be good fat burners, but if that alone is boring use a couple of spoonfuls of fat free Total Greek Yoghurt, I have that for breakfast. Porridge is complex carb and makes you feel full longer, slice some strawberries on top.

Ask if family and friends can support you by making lean meals or if you have get to togethers making healthy snacks like crudities available.

Only weigh yourself in the morning before breakfast that's your accurate weight.

As a bride to be I know we all strive to shed a few pounds and I'll help you with tips and advise where I can.

Best wishes,

Nicola

• **Shelley**
    Beginner October 2012
    **Shelley** ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've lost 17.5lbs in 12 weeks with Weight Watchers so it's definitely possible. I'm struggle this week with high cravings for chocolate but thats thanks to mother nature! Focus visualising yourself in your dress, that's what is keeping me going.

X

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys. We're off on a weekend trip with friends so no doubt will indulge in pub lunches and stuff but also having walks too so maybe it will balance out.

I am exercised every day this week so fingers crossed for the next weigh in.

• M
    Beginner January 2011
    marshalls ·
    • Hide content

I'm on a MY Food plan, they're one of these diet delivery companies. They claim you can lose up to 8lbs in two weeks and it works! I lost 7lbs in 14 days and it's so easy!! x

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I worry if I do something like that then I will put it all back on as soon as I stop. I need to learn a better balance between giving into cravings and exercising regularly!

• D
    DeeFlower ·
    • Hide content

It's certainly possible but it will take a lot of determination. 12 weeks is a lot of time to stick to a diet. Believe me I've been there.

• M
    Beginner January 2011
    marshalls ·
    • Hide content

Yeh I was the same but as it's real food and not shakes it's more sustainable. They also do dinner plans so that you can maintain the meals after a full plan. It gives you the confidence that you can do it and gets you into eating different foods but being strict with 3 meals a day. I mean I'm still on a plan but my friend has done it and looks great even a month after it!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah this is where I would fall down on the strict 3 meals things - I need little and often to keep me going, so I am working on balancing smaller meals and snacks with lighter main meal, also factoring in more regular and varied types of exercise and fewer junk food type snacks. However if I don't make any progress on my own then I will look into other options such as the diet plans/WW/SW and so on.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics