Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner April 2019

Legal Help Needed!

RomanticYellowConfetti938, 9 of August of 2018 at 21:16 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi all

Apologies in advance for the long post but here goes...

I don’t speak to my biological father and haven’t done for around 12 years, I have no idea where he lives, what he does... nothing.

My step-dad who I call Dad is walking me down the aisle and I honestly can’t wait. However, I have to give notice to be married in a couple of weeks and was told my the church (I’m having a Catholic wedding) that I may have to either give my biological dads name or just have father unknown on the marriage certificate.

My mam is really upset because she doesn’t want father unknown because of how it will make her feel and I don’t want the sperm donor on it at all. I feel like it will taint my marriage certificate.

Basically if I can’t name my step-dad, I don’t want anyone but I didn’t know if there is a way around this?

Any help would be appreciated because it’s really upsetting and dredging up the past which I don’t want involved in wedding plans!

Thanks x

1 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousBrownDiamonds63926, 12 of August of 2018 at 12:00
  • S
    Curious August 2018
    SpecialEdition1987 ·
    • Hide content

If you wish to record your stepfather you can as long as he is married to your mum.

It would be his name with (step-father) in brackets.

Speak to the church and get them to calm their local register office for further advice

• L
    Beginner May 2019
    LuxuriousBrownDiamonds63926 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

im not sure if it’s different being a church wedding. I’m having a civil ceremony and am in the same boat - only my mom and step dad are divorced! The woman explained as they aren’t married he may not go on but she went to double check and he could! It means everything because he is my dad. Fingers crossed for you xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics