Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner June 2022 Central & Glasgow

Lake District recommendations

Ayayjayjay, 11 of July of 2018 at 18:05 Posted on Planning 0 1

I’m looking for any recommendations on venues in the Lake District (preferably south) please? My oh and I are just back in Scotland after a few days staying at a venue in the LD I’d set my heart on and to say it was disappointing is a massive understatement! I’m now scared to look at places online cos I thought this place looked amazing!

We probably have an average budget but wanted somewhere really beautiful as guests are coming from all parts of the uk and will no doubt prefer to stay at the venue for a day or two....

Thanks x

1 replies

Latest activity by Ayayjayjay, 14 of July of 2018 at 16:31
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

I stayed at the Damson Den B&B near Windemere a few years back and it was lovely. I've just checked their website, and they do weddings from around £55pp for the whole day.

It was a stunning venue - rooms were nice and clean, and the dining room had a beautiful view over the Lake District.

They also have a swimming pool and onsite spa. I had a massage, and the woman was great - perfect for pre-wedding day prep? Smiley winking

The food was really tasty as well.

They have a wedding brochure you can download.

Disclaimer - do bear in mind this was a few years ago now, but if it's still as good as it was then, it would be a lovely place for a wedding!

https://www.damsondene.co.uk/events/lake-district-wedding

• A
    Beginner June 2022 Central & Glasgow
    Ayayjayjay ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much - I hadn’t seen this one before so we’ll definitely be checking it out! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics