Plans are starting to come together.
How are you all getting on? X

298 replies

Latest activity by dmad, 12 of June of 2016 at 03:59
  • B
    Beginner June 2016
    bride in waiting ·
    • Hide content

I get married the same day and all I have to do is find a ring that both me and my partner like.Everything else is sorted and just needs paying for, how are you doing?

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    Steepdene ·
    • Hide content

Couldn't find a thread so I guess this is it! I'm the 25th June.

We're surprisingly organised,

Registrar booked and deposit paid,

Venue booked and deposit paid,

My dress bought and paid for, got my shoes and bag too.

DJ booked,

Photographer booked and deposit paid.

Flowers picked out - having artificial flowers, just got to confirm and pay.

Still need to decide on venue decoration, but I know my colour scheme, so just got to decide on the details.

Going this afternoon to sort out the grooms outfit, waistcoats, ties, etc.

• A
    Beginner June 2016
    alibean84 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all

I'm 4th June. Don't think there's already A thread for us June 16 brides. Got most things sorted. Venue, registrar, dress, venue dresser, flowers, photographer and DJ.

• L
    Beginner June 2016
    Lexi_K ·
    • Hide content

18th June for me.

Sorted: venues, appointment to give notice, day caterer, photographer, DJ, bouncy castle hire, my dress and shoes, bridesmaids' dresses, my ring, honeymoon and save the dates have gone out this weekend :-D

• F
    Beginner June 2016
    FutureSamW ·
    • Hide content

Yes we have actually got a lot done
    Marquee, catering, rings, dj, cake, flowers,photographer, photobooth, bm dresses are all done!
    I think next on my list is my dress, I've tried some on just need to pick s final one & I want to sort out invites and stationary soon. Oh & honeymoon.. Hmm the list keeps going!

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    MissRachael ·
    • Hide content

Hello everyone
    I'm 4th June too, I've been waiting for someone to start a June thread, the 2016 one has got a bit busy, it's hard to keep up with everything.
    Everyone seems very organised! I have got my dress, I bought a sample so it needs altering but I am waiting until after this year's wedding season to take it to the seamstress. I'll also speak to her about bridesmaid skirts when I see her. We have booked the venue and spoken to a vicar about the ceremony but we're still waiting for him to get back to us. For decoration, I'm making 1000 paper cranes to hang up, I've made about 750 so far.

Beginner June 2016
    *+zoef2205 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone. I'm 10th June. I've got my venue and registrar booked (just got to give notice), photographer, florist, cake and some table decorations sorted. I think the next thing on my list is my dress and the bridesmaid dresses. My list just keeps getting longer. Everytime I think I have covered everything, I remember something else. :-)

• H
    Beginner June 2016
    HappyOrangeCars336 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all, i'm also 11th June!!

I don't feel quite as organised just yet, but am sure i'll get there!

We have the venue, registrar and photographer all booked so far, with save the dates on their way...the next 10 months are going to fly by!! xx

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    shelleyw21 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm 18th June at 2pm

We've got the register office, reception venue, photographer and DJ sorted. We're also going to have an adults bouncy castle in the evening. My dress is almost paid for and I have all of the bridesmaids dresses.

I plan to do the invitations, cake, flowers and table decorations myself so I'll be busy in the lead up to the day :-)

• L
    Beginner June 2016
    Lexi_K ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello date twin! We have an adults bouncy castle too - so excited! Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    shelleyw21 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

Yep it is exciting but I'm also getting nervous. I've been married before so I was a bit surprised when I started to get nervous when we dipped below the 1 year to go date, hopefully it won't get any worse.

We met our photographer last night and he thought the bouncy castle was a great idea and he's going to grab some pics of me and my bridesmaids on it. How many bridesmaids do you have? Are you going for register office or church?

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    Steepdene ·
    • Hide content

I've been married before too. No white wedding last time though. This time I've been able to have everything I've chosen, rather than it being chosen for me, it's a long story, but I am so much more involved in my own wedding this time!

I can't decide how many bridesmaids I'm having, it's either none, my preferred option, I have my two sons instead who will carry the rings down the aisle before me, or two, my cousin and her daughter, possibly three if I add in an aunt of mine. I'd rather have none, but my H2B and his mum think I should have them. Can't decide, aarrgghhh!!!

We're getting married in a hotel, originally we had booked a registry office wedding, but our preferred venue for the reception initially just wasn't big enough. Then my parent's-in-law said they'd help us out with costs, so we've now gone a bit mad! Not totally overboard, I am making savings where I can, eg on flowers, I'm having artificial rather than fresh, my bouquet price is nearly half a fresh flower bouquet and I'm planning on doing the centrepieces myself.

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

I'm another 11th June - I'm getting so excited now. I just got my dress last week, which is getting altered at the end of the year (sample sale dress).

We have our church, venue, TOG, a band booked. My cake is being made by FMIL, BM dresses by a family friend (his side) and everyone keeps offering to buy me pretty things to wear - haha Smiley smile

Our STDs are out, I have a million ideas for invitations, but I'm DIY'ing those with the help of my dad and sister, along with the other bits of stationery.

Trying to get decisions from H2B is a NIGHTMARE, I don't think he believes anyone who says we need to get things booked and sorted asap! My to do list looks ridiculous but I've broken it right down so it's difficult to miss any of the little things. I'm hoping to have ideas all firmed up/booked before the new year and then hopefully all will just fall into place in the following 6 months. Does that seem too optimistic?

• L
    Beginner June 2016
    Lexi_K ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maybe, I'm nervous too! Good nervous though - we're having a register office wedding in the centre of Bath then a village hall reception with hog roast, garden games and of course the bouncy castle! I have 5 bridesmaids (all adult) and a ring bearer/junior usher who is my nephew and will be 6 years old at the time. He's very insistent he will be wearing his favourite pirate jumper lol.

What kind of reception venue are you having?

lexi Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    shelleyw21 ·
    • Hide content

I used to live in Frome so know Bath well, lovely place.

We're being a bit more traditional. We're having a register office wedding which limits us to 45 guests. This is followed by a 3 course wedding breakfast at a local hotel. Then we have a DJ and evening buffet for about 100 people.

As well as the bouncy castle our photographer has also got a backdrop of a tropical island and all sorts of silly props so that after the meal we can all get some silly shots done and muck around for a bit.

I have 4 bridesmaids (all long-term friends) and just to make 2016 even more hectic, we're all 50 next year as well!

What colour scheme are you going for? What's your dress like?

• jadeee
    Beginner June 2016
    jadeee ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone!

I'm 4th June! ?
    I have my dress, venue booked, gave notice this week with the registrar, photographer booked, hair & makeup booked & marryoke booked!

Next month I'm going with my bridesmaids to get their dresses, can't wait!!

• L
    Beginner June 2016
    Lexi_K ·
    • Hide content

Oh the back drop sounds like fun! Playing with the idea of putting together a photo booth ourselves. We're going to have Marshfields ice cream for pudding and a sweetie buffet. Colour scheme is cadburys purple and silver/grey and my dress is an Anna Sorrano 1109 - I got it as an absolute bargain second hand Smiley smile

what is your colour scheme?

Lexi Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    Steepdene ·
    • Hide content

Another job marked off the list today, sorted groomsmen's outfits. Groom is wearing an ivory waistcoat and a pale pink cravat/pocket square with a dark navy suit. BM etc to be the same. Might make them wear pink socks if I can find them!

I've found a wedding décor supplier that has gorgeous lace and hessian chair sashes, so we'll go for these so the pink isn't totally overwhelming, having a sweet buffet which I've decided is going to stocked with pink sweeties though!

Table centrepieces are going to be mason jars with hessian and lace placed on a log filled with fresh flowers, probably in ivory pink, lemon and ivory, my "sugared almond" theme, to match with the bouquets.

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    MrsL242be ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I'm 3rd June! Times flying but I'm pretty organised, got venue, church, cars, photographer, flowers, kilts, dress and band all organised. Found my BM dressed so ordering them soon and just got to book a piper. I have also designed my invites so going to start my DIY-ing in Oct so I have plenty time. Now figuring out hen ideas. Exciting times ahead ?

• N
    Beginner
    Niffles ·
    • Hide content

I'm also a June 2016 bride! I feel so disorganised in comparison to everyone else! We have our venue and church booked and that's it! Been getting quotes for cars, cakes and photographer but no made any firm decisions yet.

• I
    Beginner June 2016
    inovermyhead ·
    • Hide content

Hi all

Our date is the 3rd. ?

Went a bit dizzy when we dropped to a year mark - sorted some more bits out and now in another lull.

Have so far booked venue, provisionally booked registrar and have since given notice, ordered my dress (should be here just before/after christmas) got my shoes, booked reception venue, photographer, cake, car....

Need to sort ou:t FH outfit (thought I was going to be hard to dress, but he is way winning on this one!!), wedding rings (whether he actually wants one or not, and if so what kind) flowers (only need some table decorations for the venue) invites (am hopefully going to DIY them, but need to go and look at DIY stuff!) and the honeymoon (which is causing a bit headache, oh and what on earth I'm going to do with my hair!!

Will all start again proper in the New Year though, so am trying to enjoy some relaxed planning rather than last minute panicking planning!!! ?

• H
    Beginner June 2016
    HappyOrangeCars336 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Niffles - i know how you feel! I'm getting married on the 11th and having read other threads, was feeling VERY disorganised!! I also have the venue and registrar, but was starting to get swept up in a bit of a panic with the thought that everyone else was miles ahead of me, and all the suppliers were going to be booked up, and that i HAD to book the first one that was available?!

Had a little chat with myself and remembered that i just wanted to enjoy the whole process - have started getting other quotes now...recently booked a photographer and am just starting to figure out what sort of flowers might suit...this is fun! xx

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    MissRachael ·
    • Hide content

When are you all going to send out invitations? I was going to do save the dates but decided against it in the end to save pennies and also with the idea that everyone who is really important to us will already know the date.

One of my lovely bridesmaids is a designer so I was thinking of asking her to design some patterns and then I can get them printed and do a bit of DIYing to put them all together.

I am jealous of the bouncy castles! I really wanted an adult one but our venue have said it's just not possible for insurance reasons. I am thinking about having a party the day after in my parents' garden though so I am hoping I can squeeze one in!

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    shelleyw21 ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely dress :-) Mine is very different though - Alfred Angelo 893. When it's taken up the spare lace is going to be used to add small shoulder straps as well.

We're having king prawn (we both love them), roast chicken (h2b fav) and cheesecake (we both love it) and there will be ferrero rocher and sweets too.

Our colour scheme is fushia and silver so its gonna be bright! Our sashes are being done as fushia and then overlaid with like a hesian fabric so it tones down the pink. It looked lovely when she demo'd it.

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    shelleyw21 ·
    • Hide content

There is a thread where I've asked about sending invites but the general consensus seems to be to send out all invites 4 months before the wedding, although a fair few were going for 5 months before. I think I'm going to send out the wedding invites in Jan (5 months) and then the evening only invites in Feb (4 months)

It was our hotel who suggested the bouncy castle, I can't wait. These and trampolines used to be my favourite things as a kid

I love your idea of a party the day after. We're getting married on a Saturday but don't fly on honeymoon till the following Tuesday and my h2b's relatives all come from up north. I could put together a bbq/party for the Sunday afternoon!

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    MissRachael ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, that's good, I was thinking January/ February time. Hopefully I will be able to spend some time over Christmas making them. I'm a teacher so trying plan projects in half terms, as I never seem to have time for anything when I'm in school.

I thought it would be nice to extend the celebration a bit to the day after. We both have families that live far away and it's a long way to travel for one day. I'm also conscious that I may not be able to speak to everyone much on the day so will give me a bit more time to chat with friends/family we haven't seen for ages. We aren't going on honeymoon until August so will have a bit of waiting time.

Just looked up both dresses, they are lovely. Does anyone fancy having a dress flash?

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    Steepdene ·
    • Hide content

I'm sending out invites in January. Allowing a little longer as we're getting married in a hotel, they do a special rate on overnight rooms for the guests, so that kicks in 90 days before the date of the wedding. The guests might need time to get the money together!

I'm up for a dress flash!

It's not a very good picture, cause it was taken on my phone. It's being stored at MIL's house until the alterations are made.

It's by Hilary Morgan, and I'm a bit sad, I've only found one picture of the style number online, and it doesn't look like mine!

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    MissRachael ·
    • Hide content

Ooh I like the pretty sparkles! Is it full length or a shorter one? I've been trying to find a picture of a real person wearing my dress but can only find it on the model.

Here is a bad picture of it on me. It needs altering to fit properly and I am going to have little off shoulder sleeves added

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    MrsRobertsToBe ·
    • Hide content

Hi brides to be! Mines Thursday (cheaper and half term holiday) 2nd June! Omg it's coming round so fast! So far I have found the planning a bit stressful if I am honest. We have booked our venue in Staffordshire, and photographer now. Think we have just chosen a singer (rat pack style) and are now researching videographers that are affordable yet decent quality.

If anybody has any Staffordshire or Midlands wedding videographer is that I would recommend please let me know!

I have two wedding dresses that were in the sale they were only £50 each but I'm not happy with these and want something else!

Not too bothered about sorting the flowers and other things out till nearer the time unless anybody else has advice on what next to do???

We are researching honeymoons also!

• BriertonBride
    Beginner June 2016
    BriertonBride ·
    • Hide content

Hi all,

I get married 11th June 2016. Recently started a new job which involves a lot of travelling so the wedding has taken a bit of a back seat ?

So far We have the venue booked and registrar. We get married at 1pm. We have given notice and have a photographer booked.

we have made our own save the dates, as an old fashioned luggage tag with rope. We brought the stamp and got creative! That's as far as my creativity goes everything else will be brought! Save the dates will be sent this weekend.

I have been looking at cakes and wedding cars but I am so picky I haven't decided yet! So many decisions to make!

i have my first Appointment to try dresses this Saturday with my 2 sisters and my mum. I am so excited and had a little cry and it makes it all seem so real. Happy tears as I am with the 3 most important women in my life!

will be looking at suits in the next month and booking the cake, cars and videographer. Bridesmaids dresses will be sorted later as my sister is pregnant so not sure what size. So will leave that until after the baby is born.

we have brought some centre pieces and hanging signs. Plus we are making a sweet table so have brought the jars, scoops and bags for that.

my husband to be thinks we don't have enough budget for a car for him but I will be booking a mustang as a surprise for him and his best man ?

honeymoon is organised, just needs booking when flights are available. We are doing a 3 week tour of the East Coast of America. Sooooo exciting!

we have a food tasting with our venue 6 months before the wedding so no plans of menu yet and as we will be giving guests a choice we can't sent invites out until after that has been chosen.

So happy with our venue. It's a Manor House exclusive to us on the day and all our day guests will be staying over so we can have breakfast with them the morning after. It's not huge so it will still feel very personal to us and quaint!

Hope you are all getting on well ? Some of you are super organised! Xx

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    shelleyw21 ·
    • Hide content

I'm also having shoulder straps added

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    MissRachael ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous dress!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇