John Harris Wedding Films - No video!!

SummerRoses1234
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12Next >
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 22 Mar 2019 22:29

John Harris Wedding Films - No video!!

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has used John Harris Wedding Films (from Surrey) as the videographer for their big day?!

We used him as our videographer, paid in full for his services plus an extra hour of attendance and a DVD and he has not completed our wedding video!!

It has been almost a year since our wedding and I feel at my wits end with it... was just wondering if anyone is in the same position?! 

Thanks xx

• Posted: 25 Mar 2019 16:55

Re: John Harris Wedding Films - No video!!

I can't see any other complaints.  It's worth asking in this facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WeddingNasties2/ 

• Posted: 26 Mar 2019 8:50

I've worked with him and his team a few times before and never heard of any issues, he's been going for years.

Have you given him everything he needs to complete the work. i.e. music choices for the video?

The reason I say this is I've got money in the bank from three years ago where I cannot complete a couples album because they've still not given me their image choices despite several emails.

Also, this seems obvious, but have you phoned and done so recently and had a response.

It's just that your initial post is lacking some detail and is quite open ended. 'Married a year ago and not had your video' could be expanded on - it would be good to know more.

• Posted: 27 Mar 2019 1:19

Hi,

Yep I'm stuck in the same boat at the moment, paid in full and never received the full package. Cannot ever get through to him, doesnt respond to emails or phone. Completely pulling my hair out!

Could I ask when you got married and where?

Many thanks

• Posted: 27 Mar 2019 1:23

Hi,

Yes I'm having the same issue with John Harris. He only delivered half of my package - cannot get through to him via phone or email as he never replies. Pulling my hair out at this point, so frustrating!!!

Anyone else having issues?

• Posted: 27 Mar 2019 15:35

Hi,

Sorry to hear your in the same boat - it’s so frustrating isn’t it?!

I completely understand the pulling your hair out, I feel the same..

We got married in April 2018 in Dorking.. I’ve phoned our wedding venue but there’s not much they can do apart from apologise as he was one of their recommend suppliers. 

At first I received it in dribs and drabs but then I hit a wall of silence before I received the completed video. 

Its such a shame because the bits we have received are so good and he’s clearly good at what he does as he was recommended to me by a lot of people. 

Have you received any footage? When did you get married? I hope you get some good news soon!

xx

• Posted: 28 Mar 2019 10:42

Hi, sorry for lack of information! I’ve never posted on one of these before ...

I sent our music choices to him a couple of weeks after our wedding date and have a contract which says our full footage will be with us 4 weeks from the music received!

Since the wedding, I’ve never actually spoken to John on the phone as it always goes straight to voicemail. So communication has only ever been via email, which are sometimes completely ignored or I’m told I’ll have the video within the week - which is never the case. 

I have been told a reason for the delay, which I have been very understanding about. But as it’s coming up to a year... I feel like that’s a long enough wait. 

I must add that I have some footage.. just not the completed video which we have been promised!

I just want this resolved as soon as possible as I know Johns work is very good!

• Posted: 28 Mar 2019 15:16

Hi SummerRose & Akj. 

Firstly let me apologise on behalf of John for any delays you're experiencing. 
    Without your names, it's quite difficult to know which films this is regarding and exactly what packages you had booked. 

I'm keen to make sure these films are finalised and delivered promptly and if possible this thread to be removed. 

Please could you both get in touch with John via info@jhwf.co.uk today and we'll get back to you. 

• Posted: 28 Mar 2019 18:14

Hi, we got married in november last year, same story as us we got some footage through which had one or two mistakes - I have asked him to fix but like you I can never get through to his mobile and he will iignore emails. However he has emailed me this week and has said he would wrap up the video by the end of next week. He has informed me he has been ill but Im not sure what his situation is - for me a little communication goes a long way but iv not had that. If I don't receive the complete package by next week I will have to proceed with legal action and I would advise you to do the same.

• Posted: 21 Apr 2019 16:44

Hi,

We are in a similar boat! It has been 9 months since our wedding and we’ve not got our video, after being initially promised a 8 week turn around! We paid full price up front as well. Every time we email, they say it will be ready by the end of the week but then it never is...

Dissapponted in the service we’ve received. Feel like we’re never going to get the video at this rate :(

• Posted: 22 Apr 2019 13:51

Hi,

We were told the exact same thing. 8 weeks and we'll have our video... fast forward to a year later and we still don't have our completed video!! He says the same to me too, by the end of the week he'll have it finished but that comes and goes and I don't receive anything. I'm at the point now where he doesn't even have the decency to reply to my emails so I am completely being ignored now. 

I just hope there isn't many more couples who are having this problem with him, but it seems there are!! I don't think he realizes the special memories he is withholding whilst having everyone's money.

Lets hope we get something soon!!

• Posted: 25 Apr 2019 21:56

I have never dealt with such an incompetent company in my life. If you are looking for a wedding video make sure you steer clear of John Harris Wedding Films also known as JHWF. There website is https://www.jhwf.co.uk/ . 

Unfortunately it seems none of us are going to get what we have paid for. There seems to be a running theme which leads me to believe we could be dealing with a fraudster. They take your money up front - at most send you a bit of footage then you never receive the final product, while stringing you along until you go away.

I would urge any other customers who are in the same boat to come forward so we can build a case to send to the authorities.

and to anyone looking for someone to film there day:

DO NOT USE - JOHN HARRIS WEDDING FILMS!!

• Posted: 3 May 2019 18:50

It always saddens me to see posts like this. Gives us all a bad name. 

Make sure you have tried phoning and if you email DONT USE HOTMAIL. So often when we email a Hotmail address the email just goes into people's spam folder so make sure you check there for any replies. But bear in mind your spam is emptied every 30 days. 

• Posted: 3 May 2019 20:07

It makes it so hard to trust people...

John has been a recommended supplier for a lot of venues and has let them all down!

Ive tried phoning so many times and from different numbers but it goes straight to voicemail. He’s either blocked numbers or has changed it all together. 

Emails just get ignored and almost never get responded to. 

I’m at the point where I think I have to accept that I’m out of pocket and don’t have the memories from our wedding day. 

I just hope the message gets out not to use John Harris Wedding Films so other people aren’t left disappointed :(

• Posted: 7 Jun 2019 13:47

Hi all,

Same issue here. Very frustrating.

We got married in November last year with promises of 6-8 week delivery. Highlights film, raw footage and ceremony chapter on USB. Music, payment and all other details have been confirmed prior to the wedding. We've been informed in December that John is ill, yes sad and we appreciated that for months.... However, John is not alone in the team, so the others should communicate and keep the business going. There must have been something good about them as a lot of venues been recommending them. But the disrespect, lies and eventually no communication is so annoying.

Recently, after months of asking why  at least the raw footage cannot be provided, since there is no work with it, we did receive the downloadable link couple weeks ago. However we are suspicious it is not all of the footage. We also only received the link with raw footage, no further information when other footage on USB will be delivered or if it won't be delivered, when we can expect refund. No apology, nothing.  

We were prepared to take this to a small claim court, however can't find his registered address anywhere, so thinking now to take it to police as thread. 

The venue we got married in is not recommending them anymore, which is really good for both, the couples and the venue. 

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12Next >