Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2018

John Harris Wedding Films - No video!!

SummerRoses1234, 22 of March of 2019 at 22:29 Posted on Planning 0 39

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has used John Harris Wedding Films (from Surrey) as the videographer for their big day?!

We used him as our videographer, paid in full for his services plus an extra hour of attendance and a DVD and he has not completed our wedding video!!

It has been almost a year since our wedding and I feel at my wits end with it... was just wondering if anyone is in the same position?!

Thanks xx

39 replies

Latest activity by ExpensivePinkFlowers149, 11 of September of 2022 at 19:27
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I can't see any other complaints. It's worth asking in this facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WeddingNasties2/

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

I've worked with him and his team a few times before and never heard of any issues, he's been going for years.

Have you given him everything he needs to complete the work. i.e. music choices for the video?

The reason I say this is I've got money in the bank from three years ago where I cannot complete a couples album because they've still not given me their image choices despite several emails.

Also, this seems obvious, but have you phoned and done so recently and had a response.

It's just that your initial post is lacking some detail and is quite open ended. 'Married a year ago and not had your video' could be expanded on - it would be good to know more.

• A
    Beginner November 2018
    Akj501 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Yep I'm stuck in the same boat at the moment, paid in full and never received the full package. Cannot ever get through to him, doesnt respond to emails or phone. Completely pulling my hair out!

Could I ask when you got married and where?

Many thanks

• A
    Beginner November 2018
    Akj501 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Yes I'm having the same issue with John Harris. He only delivered half of my package - cannot get through to him via phone or email as he never replies. Pulling my hair out at this point, so frustrating!!!

Anyone else having issues?

• S
    Beginner April 2018
    SummerRoses1234 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Sorry to hear your in the same boat - it’s so frustrating isn’t it?!

I completely understand the pulling your hair out, I feel the same..

We got married in April 2018 in Dorking.. I’ve phoned our wedding venue but there’s not much they can do apart from apologise as he was one of their recommend suppliers.

At first I received it in dribs and drabs but then I hit a wall of silence before I received the completed video.

Its such a shame because the bits we have received are so good and he’s clearly good at what he does as he was recommended to me by a lot of people.

Have you received any footage? When did you get married? I hope you get some good news soon!

xx

• S
    Beginner April 2018
    SummerRoses1234 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, sorry for lack of information! I’ve never posted on one of these before ...

I sent our music choices to him a couple of weeks after our wedding date and have a contract which says our full footage will be with us 4 weeks from the music received!

Since the wedding, I’ve never actually spoken to John on the phone as it always goes straight to voicemail. So communication has only ever been via email, which are sometimes completely ignored or I’m told I’ll have the video within the week - which is never the case.

I have been told a reason for the delay, which I have been very understanding about. But as it’s coming up to a year... I feel like that’s a long enough wait.

I must add that I have some footage.. just not the completed video which we have been promised!

I just want this resolved as soon as possible as I know Johns work is very good!

• S
    SunnyOrangeCakes84190 ·
    • Hide content

Hi SummerRose & Akj.

Firstly let me apologise on behalf of John for any delays you're experiencing.
    Without your names, it's quite difficult to know which films this is regarding and exactly what packages you had booked.

I'm keen to make sure these films are finalised and delivered promptly and if possible this thread to be removed.

Please could you both get in touch with John via ****@****.**.** today and we'll get back to you.

• A
    Beginner November 2018
    Akj501 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we got married in november last year, same story as us we got some footage through which had one or two mistakes - I have asked him to fix but like you I can never get through to his mobile and he will iignore emails. However he has emailed me this week and has said he would wrap up the video by the end of next week. He has informed me he has been ill but Im not sure what his situation is - for me a little communication goes a long way but iv not had that. If I don't receive the complete package by next week I will have to proceed with legal action and I would advise you to do the same.

• E
    Beginner July 2018
    ExpensiveOrangeConfetti706 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We are in a similar boat! It has been 9 months since our wedding and we’ve not got our video, after being initially promised a 8 week turn around! We paid full price up front as well. Every time we email, they say it will be ready by the end of the week but then it never is...

Dissapponted in the service we’ve received. Feel like we’re never going to get the video at this rate Smiley sad

• S
    Beginner April 2018
    SummerRoses1234 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We were told the exact same thing. 8 weeks and we'll have our video... fast forward to a year later and we still don't have our completed video!! He says the same to me too, by the end of the week he'll have it finished but that comes and goes and I don't receive anything. I'm at the point now where he doesn't even have the decency to reply to my emails so I am completely being ignored now.

I just hope there isn't many more couples who are having this problem with him, but it seems there are!! I don't think he realizes the special memories he is withholding whilst having everyone's money.

Lets hope we get something soon!!

• A
    Beginner November 2018
    Akj501 ·
    • Hide content

I have never dealt with such an incompetent company in my life. If you are looking for a wedding video make sure you steer clear of John Harris Wedding Films also known as JHWF. There website is https://www.jhwf.co.uk/ .

Unfortunately it seems none of us are going to get what we have paid for. There seems to be a running theme which leads me to believe we could be dealing with a fraudster. They take your money up front - at most send you a bit of footage then you never receive the final product, while stringing you along until you go away.

I would urge any other customers who are in the same boat to come forward so we can build a case to send to the authorities.

and to anyone looking for someone to film there day:

DO NOT USE - JOHN HARRIS WEDDING FILMS!!

• Mintyslippers
    Mintyslippers ·
    • Hide content

It always saddens me to see posts like this. Gives us all a bad name.

Make sure you have tried phoning and if you email DONT USE HOTMAIL. So often when we email a Hotmail address the email just goes into people's spam folder so make sure you check there for any replies. But bear in mind your spam is emptied every 30 days.

• S
    Beginner April 2018
    SummerRoses1234 ·
    • Hide content

It makes it so hard to trust people...

John has been a recommended supplier for a lot of venues and has let them all down!

Ive tried phoning so many times and from different numbers but it goes straight to voicemail. He’s either blocked numbers or has changed it all together.

Emails just get ignored and almost never get responded to.

I’m at the point where I think I have to accept that I’m out of pocket and don’t have the memories from our wedding day.

I just hope the message gets out not to use John Harris Wedding Films so other people aren’t left disappointed Smiley sad

• H
    Beginner
    HappyBrownDiamonds6781 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all,

Same issue here. Very frustrating.

We got married in November last year with promises of 6-8 week delivery. Highlights film, raw footage and ceremony chapter on USB. Music, payment and all other details have been confirmed prior to the wedding. We've been informed in December that John is ill, yes sad and we appreciated that for months.... However, John is not alone in the team, so the others should communicate and keep the business going. There must have been something good about them as a lot of venues been recommending them. But the disrespect, lies and eventually no communication is so annoying.

Recently, after months of asking why at least the raw footage cannot be provided, since there is no work with it, we did receive the downloadable link couple weeks ago. However we are suspicious it is not all of the footage. We also only received the link with raw footage, no further information when other footage on USB will be delivered or if it won't be delivered, when we can expect refund. No apology, nothing.

We were prepared to take this to a small claim court, however can't find his registered address anywhere, so thinking now to take it to police as thread.

The venue we got married in is not recommending them anymore, which is really good for both, the couples and the venue.

• S
    Beginner April 2018
    SummerRoses1234 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We have been told the exact same story and have been sent a link of our “raw” footage also. I can’t even bring myself to look at it at as I don’t want to be further disappointed as the edited footage we have received is nowhere near what I except for the prices you pay!

I agree, it is sad and unfortunate that John is unwell but after more than a year since our wedding; I don’t see it as my problem anymore. They are contracted to provide a service which they have failed miserably at. The communication has been awful and basically none existent. I really don’t think we are getting the full story about Johns illness because of the way they have handled it.

I’m having the same problem with the small claims court and finding an address for him and his company - if you do take it to the police then I am more than happy to give my experience too. It’s pretty clear that there are a lot of people in the same boat so would be good to get the message out about this company and build a stronger case against him!

• L
    Beginner September 2016
    Larayoudell1985 ·
    • Hide content

This has happen to us too. We booked John Harris Videography for our wedding which was in September 2016 at The Grange in Wallington. We were first introduced to him at the wedding fare the Grange held. It’s been horrendous ever since booking him. I’m sorry to hear he may be unwell but I have to think of my personal situation and I trusted John to provide me and my family with a video of memories that would be treasured. I see that a few of you have managed to get the original footage and I would be keen to understand how you have managed to get this. If you could let me know i’d really appreciate it.

• H
    Beginner
    HappyBrownDiamonds6781 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all,

Just to follow up my message full of frustration, we managed to get the footage a few weeks ago.

My advice is, email them ''letter of claim''. We sent the below and things started to progress shortly after.

As previously stated in our email, we have initiated legal action against John Harris Wedding Films in the form of a County Court claim. Due to the fact that we are unable to find the registered address for the business, we are unable to pursue a claim.
    As previously mentioned we are still missing:
    - Memory stick containing all raw footage from the day
    - Signature highlights film
    If we do not receive the outstanding items within 14 days, given we are unable to claim through the county court, we will escalate this to the police as fraud.

There wasn't huge amount of communication or apologising, but Steve did mention that they are looking to close things down by August, so just bear that in mind and email them three hundred times a day if you feel like it.

Good luck everyone. What an experience! ?

Aneta

• R
    Beginner
    RomanticIvoryDecor6280 ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

Oh my god it is nice to actually find someone who is going through the same thing as me!

We got married last March and still haven’t received our video!

Could you please get in contact ASAP as it would be lovely to talk to you about this!

Thank you

Lucy x

• R
    Beginner
    RomanticIvoryDecor6280 ·
    • Hide content

Hello

This is exactly the same boat that I am in.

If someone can please get in contact with me as I am trying to go down the legal action road now but I am struggling as they need an address!

I believe I have the correct address but wondered if anyone has any other information!

Could anyone please get in contact

Thanks

Lucy

• Mintyslippers
    Mintyslippers ·
    • Hide content

Have sent HappyBrown an email with some details.

• R
    Beginner
    RomanticRedCars602 ·
    • Hide content

Hi we are most definitely in the same boat, we got married may 18, was told 6-8 weeks heard nothing, been chasing up since theSeptember (decided to give the benifit of the doubt over the summer, didn't want it rushed) had a text in November then nothing until Jan. We emailed all of his recommended supplies on his website and had a few calls back from people vouching for him and saying he has had some personal issues. Which I can unfeerstand however we paid upfront and it was months later. Finally got a link to see the video online, but had the wrong music used and a big chunk of time missing, and still not got the highlights we were promised or it on USB. Have emailed requesting for the music to be changed back to what we requested and the rest but as usual no response, I have given up keeping track of how many times we've tried to call and email and got nothing. It's caused such stress as we want to show my grandmother who is very frail the video highlights and a sher health deteriorates I'm not sure we will get to.

• M
    MrTween ·
    • Hide content

Hello

My wife and I got married at Greats Fosters Hotel July 28th 2018. We have now been waiting an entire year for all of our footage to be uploaded. I am truly shocked by the level of service provided by the Fraud John Harris. We paid just under £3000 for the package. John also told us he was Ill. At first i sympathised however now I could not care less. I paid for a serice. He was happy to take peoples money knowing that he had a huge bac log . The fact he has not hired another editor is shocking.

I have read the above comment who mentioned police action. I have sent the same email. Then i will create an online police report and will then create a report on ACTIONFRAUD.COM. I suggest everyone does the same. I cannot believe how many time John has lied about end dates and now he does not have the decency to reply to any emails.

I do not expect to get all of the footage promised which is heart breaking for my wife. Such a special day that has been tarnished because of this man.

Anyways I will update if i get any reply from him

All the best Jonathan

• E
    Beginner June 2019
    ExpensiveRedHair48132 ·
    • Hide content

We are in a similar position. We have supplied everything, paid the full amount, were told we would have it within 21 days and my wife and I have been repeatedly told it will be delivered in a few days, but has now been over two months.

We don't mind the initial delay, but seems like they are just pushing their luck and making excuses to buy more time.

We may have to speak to the venues where they are preferred suppliers if we don't receive it soon, as we would hate anyone else to have to hassle to get what they have paid for.

We are nervous now, as don't want to annoy them as we want them to do a good job of the edit, but are now sending emails every few days and they haven't replied to the last few.

I have spoken to a contract law solicitor, who has given us some good advice but it is a real shame we have to resort to this.

• E
    Beginner October 2019
    ExpensiveBlueBridesmaid47061 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

This is my first time on this site. Just signed up.

The reason is because we have booked John Harris for our wedding on 14th October this year. We had really good communication with him when his website was running (as this is now shut down). We spoke to him loads about the day and only booked him in April 2019. He was giving really prompt responses and seemed really proactive in answering all our questions.

I completed the online database the other week and didn't hear anything back so thought i would chase. Now i have seen this and his mobile number goes straight to voicemail. Im not sure what to do..!!

Any advice would be great or even if someone has another number to call if he has a team of people. So we can just speak to someone to know if anyone will even turn up or if we can get our deposit back.

Thanks

• E
    Beginner September 2019
    ExpensiveBrownBridesmaid44139 ·
    • Hide content

I get married in 4 weeks and haven't been able to get in touch with John recently as I was about to pay him. I just searched for his website and it's no longer registered to a domain which made me suspicious, then I found this thread! So glad I did but heartbroken that it's now too late to book someone else. We mostly booked him because he was affordable too. Gutted for all of you who have paid him and not had footage, really hoping for positive outcomes for you all!

• H
    Beginner
    HappyPurpleDiamonds571 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

I am in same boat too, still waiting to receive video, got married in March and now have looked for his website and it has disappeared !! Don’t know where to go from here, has anyone had any contact?

• Mintyslippers
    Mintyslippers ·
    • Hide content

It's not too late to book. Plenty of studios usually have capacity in October/November. (not us. Taking 2 months off to get kittens).

It's looking more and more likely anything still with John is stuck in limbo. I've asked around on the videography forums but no one is sure what's happened.

• L
    LuxuriousYellowHair79181 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, so we used John back in 2011 and he was great!

As part if the package he created a mini edit of the day and until very recently it has been available to view online via Vimeopro.

I tend to take a look look at it every so often and around one month ago I realised it was no longer abalilble to view. I emailed John to ask if he could kindly reupload it. I received a response from a guy called Steve explaining that John had retired on medical grounds, he had access to ALL files, expressed how organised johns filing was but explained he is assisting in wrapping up the business.

i truly hope those who have not yet revived their video can conclude this very soon x

• S
    Beginner September 2020
    SunnyGoldDecor92280 ·
    • Hide content

We had the same situation, had a good experience with John and suddenly our wedding video vanished in thin air.

We had to pay £100 to retrieve the wedding video which was a tough pill to swallow considering we'd paid a lot of money for our video and had no idea it would suddenly just vanish.

Steve said John was shutting the business down however our venue told us John was filming a wedding this month at the venue so he is still working.

I would suggest speaking to your venue to throw some weight behind it. I would also just keep emailing Steve, he seemed to respond to me.

I really hope it all works out for everyone. Not having a video of your special day is truly heartbreaking and I am so sorry you are all experiencing this

• S
    Beginner January 2018
    SunnyRedDiamonds952 ·
    • Hide content

We hired John Harris to shoot our wedding January 2018, and have been sent some (really bad) unedited footage of the very start of the the, miles off what we agreed.

We've since done everything we can to get more and/or some sort of refund be he has equally gone dark on us, same as what seems to have happened to a number of others here.

I now want to take him to court but can't find any of his details - has anybody had any luck tracking him down?

Any help would be amazing, we're well out of pocket here as we paid him extra to stay later in the evening!

Thank you!

• E
    Beginner August 2019
    ExpensiveGoldHair42523 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going crazy reading all of these. I'm absolutely heartbroken.

We got married 10th August in Surrey, and have yet to receive anything from him. We were told 21 days, it has now been 55 days. I'm in a total panic.

My husband and I are going to go down the route of legal action if I don't hear anything by tomorrow (I've sent an email with an ultimatum)

Please let me know if you have any of his details that would help us to do this.

Thank you.

• R
    Beginner July 2018
    RomanticGoldFlowers695 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I’ve had the same issue with him! We got married in July 2018 and have luckily got some footage but only 60 percent of it and are still waiting for our highlight video and 2 chapters. He’s never once contacted us and rarely responds to our emails. We called the venue where we got married and unfortunately they have had calls from over 50 brides backdating to over 2 years ago who are still waiting for footage. The email we received from him (over 8 months ago now) informed us that he is ‘very ill’ but will honour all of his clients. Obviously that’s a load of rubbish as we haven’t heard from him for at least 8 months and all the contact details we have for him no longer work.

He’s an unapologetic idiot who took 3,000 from us! We’ve given up.

sorry that you were fooled by him too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics