Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R

Is it ok to go to hen party but not wedding

RomanticBrownConfetti29794, 19 of September of 2019 at 13:49 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 4

Hi everyone, quick question please,

My stepbrother is getting married (for his 3rd time and her 1st) and the wedding is in Santorini. I've been invited to the hen do in Marbella as I'd like to get to know her better as we don't see that much of them, which I've committed to and my DH is going on Stag in Portugal.

Now the flights and costs are coming out and we realise it's going to cost a lot!!!! And they are planning a wedding party when they get back for everyone who couldn't go to the wedding.

Is it OK that we go on hen/stag but not wedding and go to the party when they are back, where I'm sure they'll wear their outfits and have a wedding video etc at the party?

(Other factors are it's our daughters last year of primary school, it clashes with her SATS, we'll have to take her out of school as no-one to have her, but it's likely out of the family we'll probably be the only ones not going to Santorini, but we'd like our own summer holiday at some point next year too).

Thoughts? thanks Emma

4 replies

Latest activity by RomanticPinkDecor34192, 9 of January of 2020 at 08:55
    Beginner July 2021 Surrey
    4July20_BounceBack ·
    • Hide content

Only the bride and groom can answer this for you. I've been told Santorini is really expensive so maybe check what the bride and groom are providing in the way of food whilst you're there? Also, it's not very far away, could you and your DH afford to go for a couple of nights and just go to the wedding?

There's so many factors in this that need breaking down and looking at before you can make a proper decision. I also think that if you're asking this Q now, you'll regret not going.

As an ex Primary Teacher I would never advise taking a child out during SATs; they set them up for secondary school. See if you can find out what your Local Authority does if a child is too unwell to be at school during SATs week? Can they re-sit them later?

• L
    LuxuriousGoldCars72103 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Emma,

I'd say there's no reason to feel guilty at all, especially as Santorini is a notoriously expensive destination! They should appreciate your support no matter how you show it Smiley smile

• H
    HappyYellowConfetti9797 ·
    • Hide content

I would say that this wedding organization is weird

• H
    Beginner July 2021
    HappyBrownCars2172 ·
    • Hide content

You've got to ask the bride and groom really. I'd say that they'd completely understand though.

• R
    Beginner August 2020
    RomanticPinkDecor34192 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married abroad and would be totally fine with guests coming to the hen and not the wedding. I understand it's a big financial commitment. Although saying that, I am also having my hen in my local city because I don't think it's fair to ask guests to travel for 2/3 separate events.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics