I am a loser! With no bridesmaids....

tulipbella2018
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 30 Mar 2018 18:49

I am a loser! With no bridesmaids....

Hi, just thought I would write a post, I am getting married in a few years and am struggling choosing my bridesmaids, I know I have a while yet but it’s always something you think about. I don’t really have any friends so I guess I’m just going to have to have family, but am struggling to decide who to chose...just want a bit of advise 🙂 thanks!

• Posted: 7 Apr 2018 20:34

Re: I am a loser! With no bridesmaids....

I just have my MoH (my sister). You can have as many or as few as you want; I know some people even choose to have none! 

• Posted: 7 Apr 2018 20:37

Have as few as possible! The more you have the more hassle it, the more chance of tears and fall outs!

• Posted: 7 Apr 2018 22:05

Don’t worry you are not alone! I don’t have any female friends that I am close enough to ask to be a bridesmaid. So I’m just having my sister. It’s cheaper and she is the one female that I am sure will be there for the duration of our marriage. At the end of the day, friends come and go and you will only want someone who will be there for you throughout your life. 

• Posted: 7 Apr 2018 22:07

Don't worry about it, you don't need to have any bridesmaids if you don't want to!x

• Posted: 7 Apr 2018 22:23

I'm *hopefully* getting married in Barbados so it'll be a relatively small wedding with just immediate family and a few close friends, so I've decided that I'm not having any bridesmaids either. My mum's going to walk me down the aisle but that's it, no bridesmaids. I feel so much more relaxed having made the decision. If you feel that not having bridesmaids is right for you, then you go for it! 

• Posted: 16 Apr 2018 22:24

Thank you all for your lovely comments! I’ve always dreamed of the typically ‘bridesmaids’ best of friends, but just guess I won’t have that as you can’t magic friends 😂

• Posted: 17 Apr 2018 18:29

Who are your options? What female relatives have you got? 

For example, when I was younger I thought I'd have my three female cousins, but as it happens, over the years I've drifted apart from all of them except one, so I have absolutely no qualms in only asking her. 

I think it's pretty normal to only have sisters, or if you've got any little girls in the family, (cousins, nieces, etc.) that could be nice too.

• Posted: 18 Apr 2018 21:36

I’ve got one girl cousin, we always use to be close but she’s recently had a baby, and so is always busy so drifted apart slightly, also her boyfriend is quite a bit older than us so we don’t ever hang out as couples etc. I think I may still have her as a bridesmaid thou, I feel like I should have my sister also even thou we don’t really ever speak! Then may have the sisters in laws to be.....so all family really and only as I would like a little bit of a bride tribe, just wish they were people I really wanted and I could have a laugh with etc....

• Posted: 18 Apr 2018 22:29

Better to have none than someone you don't really want or you're not 100% sure about.

• Posted: 19 Apr 2018 8:03

Thank you 🙂

• Posted: 19 Apr 2018 14:18

aww bless you, honestly thought try not to worry about it. I am an only child and we aren't in contact with extended family, plus I'm pretty much a loner with no massively close friends apart from my FH and I was going to have no bridesmaids but in the end I have asked the girlfriend of my FH's best man. We are friends and we have grown closer but we aren't BBFs! 

There's so much pressure when planning a wedding and having the perfect set of bridesmaids or "bride tribe" is just part of that. As long as you are happy with who you choose to have stand with you whether thats 1 person, 15, o or a bloody great elephant in a pink tutu go for it!

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)