How much mess....

raincloud
Page 2 of 3 (34 items) < Previous123Next >
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 27 Nov 2012 14:32

Re: How much mess....

KatSlater:

OMG I'd have to tidy that away. Experiment or not, men don't see things like we do. For my sanity and marriage and possible risk of life imprisonment for murder I'd tidy up.

This. Although its not right that they dont help, I just cant cope with mess  or anything out of place at all. I would be getting WSparkles palpitations if I had to look at all that untidiness. Just tell them to bloody clean it up! Although my H left for work this morning with the iron left plugged in and on the dining table and shoes on the living room floor so I've had to pick up after him today too! They just aren't wired right!

• Posted: 27 Nov 2012 14:38

I don't think it is that they don't see it but that it doesn't bother tham maybe?

Actually there are laods of things that I just don't notice!

I have to ahve things put away in an exacting way so I can let it get really messy so that I can put things away in the 'proper' wayLaugh

• Posted: 27 Nov 2012 14:57

I get to a point where I put everything ina box and dump it in his office (it's all IT crap and leads etc anyway) his office is a BIG mess, but its his responsibility. He hates it when I dump a box in there, but its his fault for leaving it lying around!

• Posted: 27 Nov 2012 16:23

MissPanda:
    but it normally results in him sweeping everything onto the floor

This is exactly what my fella does grr

• Posted: 27 Nov 2012 16:34

Kjay:

MissPanda:
    but it normally results in him sweeping everything onto the floor

This is exactly what my fella does grr

This my OH too.  He has a proper floor-drobe going on at his side of the bed! I've given up and just keep my side tidy. Also, he's another that aims his clothes at the washing basket, rather than putting them inside it. Is it really so difficult?! 

• Posted: 27 Nov 2012 16:41

I think me and H are as bad as each other. We both wait until it's really quite bad then have a massive blitz. We do often remark how much nicer it is to have such a tidy place but it doesn't last and then we wait until the next blitz. We are messy but clean. No dirty plates, clothes etc are left lying around at least, it's just junk. I think I was lulled into a false sense of security as when we met his room was the tidiest thing I had ever seen and he did put all of his clothes and crap away. Turns out it was just because his mum would wash anything that had been on the floor longer than 5 seconds and he used to get annoyed if he couldn't find things. I would use this tactic but I am pretty lazy. We do tidy if people are coming round though. We don't subject other people to our chaos.

• Posted: 27 Nov 2012 16:41

My step mum has OCD and I hated growing up in that house, I once got thrown out for leaving a sock on the floor.

I now clean up once a week or if I loose sight of the coffee table under the junk.

H cleans up after me, he is currently away so the house is a tip.

• Posted: 27 Nov 2012 19:58

I tried this JoJo - it worked. When H asked, after a week, why there was a huge pile of dishes on top of the dishwasher rather than in it, I gently pointed out that they were his. He hasn't let it get so bad since. Still leaves them on top sometimes but not for more than a day or so! This weekend I didn't do any housework except for one dishwasher load. The housework fairy did the rest!

• Posted: 27 Nov 2012 20:10

I live in a terrible mess most of the time. It’s never dirty though, only untidy.

• Posted: 27 Nov 2012 20:18

I can cope with a lot more now I have 2 young children. I hope your experiment works, my H wouldn't notice or even if he did he probably wouldn't bother.

• Posted: 27 Nov 2012 20:22

Oh no matter how many times I tell H he will forever more take his clothes off and leave them on the floor. By ignoring the offending items I guarantee the only one it will annoy is you Laugh men have a different level of cleanliness than us I'm afraid.
  • Posted: 27 Nov 2012 21:16

My head would be swivelling by now Jo with stuff lying around like that.  I tend to nag as I tidy but it gives the impression it's okay so I should take a leaf out of your book and see what happens.  If OH leaves letters, clothes etc.. lying around I dump them on his desk in his office.  That is the only room in our house I don't care about as he has to work in it not me!

As my son leaves a trail of crumbs everywhere I have to hoover quite frequently.

• Posted: 27 Nov 2012 23:38

It makes me feel SOOOO much better knowing that I'm not the only one whose OH is like this. So much of the things that have been described could be my life! It is very true that most men don't care about the mess, so unfortunately leaving it will probably only annoy you, I've tried this many times and it has always failed.

• Posted: 27 Nov 2012 23:40

The lifejacket has been removed from the sofa! Apparently this was all he could carry however as the jeans, t shirt and jumper are still present on the back of the sofa, not 5cms away from where the lifejacket was. But we are making slow, painful progress.

• Posted: 27 Nov 2012 23:54

Wehey!

Thought you were posting to say you had caved in, this is a small miracle!

Hmmm we should run a book on this...times and items!

Return to: Off Topic Posts
Page 2 of 3 (34 items) < Previous123Next >