Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sian-tiffany
Beginner May 2012

How long to say Thank You

sian-tiffany, 18 of June of 2012 at 11:54 Posted on Just Married 0 9

As the title suggests, how long is acceptable to say thank you? I got married a month ago then went on Honeymoon for 2 weeks. The house is still a wedding nightmare with stuff everywhere and selling what i used etc... Ive got the cards and plan to do them this weekend so will be 5 or 6 weeks after the wedding.

Do you think this is acceptable?

9 replies

Latest activity by HLT, 7 of October of 2012 at 14:30
  • Nik_Nak
    Beginner September 2011
    Nik_Nak ·
    • Hide content

We had a 2 week honeymoon, then it took us another 2 weeks to sort out / order our thank you cards, then another 2 weeks for the OH to come home to help with the writing...so ours took 7 weeks after the wedding in the end. As for it being acceptable...no one grumbled, well not to our knowledge anyway.

• R
    Beginner October 2012
    roseyw ·
    • Hide content

It took me around 7/8 weeks to get the cards written and sent. Congratulations btw !

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

• B
    Beginner
    breet ·
    • Hide content

First of all congratulations.I think 8 week is enough for you to get & send the cards.It is the reasonable time.

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

Hey guys,

We did it within 6 weeks in the end as had a 2 week honeymoon, 3 weeks to get sorted and write them and then 1 week to send them and hand them out.

• rainbowbride
    Beginner October 2014
    rainbowbride ·
    • Hide content

Better late than never ?

People will understand you have lots to sort out ?

congratulations btw xx

• swampy1901
    Beginner August 2012
    swampy1901 ·
    • Hide content

I'm about halfway through mine - but I just want to get it out of the way. Half being around 15 or 16 and I still have as many to do yet.

I would get it done as soon as possible - not thanking at all is worse in my book than being a little slow to get them out.

Swampy

• H
    Beginner September 2012
    helenfg ·
    • Hide content

My auntie complained after 3 weeks from wedding that no thank you had been received, even though we'd been on honeymoon! Now I'm really stressed to get the others done before anyone else gets in a huff!

• C
    Beginner August 2012
    chloe_chloe ·
    • Hide content

I´m aiming to get ours out within 8 weeks. We got married the last weekend in August and got back off honeymoon mid September. I´ve only just got round to ordering mine today.

I guess most people who have been married will understand that it´s chaos after the wedding, plus it usually takes a while to get the professional photos through (if you are using these for your cards). No doubt there will always be a few (usually older) people who will grumble about them taking so long!

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

We got married on the last weekend in August too and I've done most of ours now.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics