How important do you think it is to have nice chairs?

RomanticPurpleHair95736
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 12 Apr 2019 10:19

How important do you think it is to have nice chairs?

Hello all,

I'm wanting a bit of advice about how much chairs actually matter on the wedding day, both from those who have already been married and those who have attended weddings as a guest.

My dilemma is that we're getting married in a village hall, which is lovely in many ways, but the chairs they have are the standard black plastic stacking chairs (the closest pic I can find is this). Now, we're on a very small budget and don't want to be throwing money away unnecessarily, but I can't help feel that they're going to stand out against our otherwise light-and-pastel coloured tablecloths and flowers. The problem is, I've been quoted £400 to hire 80 of the cheapest wooden folding chairs from a local hire company, and they're not even actually as comfy as the black plastic ones. The only £400 we have that hasn't been earmarked for essentials is that we quite liked the idea of hiring a local jazz trio for an hour during the reception drinks.

I just can't tell how much the chairs are going to bother me. A large part of me thinks that I should just get over it as they will only be visible for an hour or so before the meal (when, weather permitting, we should mostly be in the garden anyway), and then they will get cleared away. But another part of me thinks that I don't want all of our hard work in making the venue look nice to be ruined by some incongruous ugly chairs. ARGH. I never thought my life would come down to stressing about chair types but here we are!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

• Posted: 13 Apr 2019 13:13

Re: How important do you think it is to have nice chairs?

Hi

Have you thought about hiring chair covers? They are cheap  to hire .

• Posted: 13 Apr 2019 19:14

I don’t think it matters at all. I know when people first walk in they might notice the black chairs to start with but once everyone is sitting on them no one will even think about it 

• Posted: 15 Apr 2019 9:28

Thanks very much for the feedback both of you. I thought briefly about chair covers but, to be honest, they really don't appeal to me and I think I'd rather have the plain plastic chairs than spend money on those. They also won't really go with the rest of our decor which is sort of country fete/rustic...

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)