Help - My top table is odd!

HappyBlueCakes671
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 24 Sep 2019 16:19

Help - My top table is odd!

I'm really struggling with the top table - does etiquette require the top table to be symmetrical?

My parents are divorced and my father has remarried where my mother has not and her partner is unable to make it. I want my stepmother to be on the top table but it then creates the issue of have 5 females and only 4 males and no matter which way I do it we have 2 females sat next to each other currently it have:

BM  S-MOG FOG MOB Groom Bride FOB MOG MOH

Its sending my OCD wild but I don't know if i'm making a bigger deal out of it than it is

• Posted: 7 Oct 2019 8:44

Re: Help - My top table is odd!

I wouldn’t worry about an uneven top table as nobody else will. My top table was uneven after one of my bridesmaids drunkenly pulled out of my wedding eight weeks before. With modern living the way it is and so many extended families what counts is what works for you.

• Posted: 7 Oct 2019 10:32

Family politics are very common at weddings these days so I wouldnt worry.

And not one single person ever will look at a top table and say "Thats uneven, nope, not doing this, im off". Not one.

And rembeber folks. Tradition is just peer pressure from dead people.

• Posted: 9 Oct 2019 13:50

Tradition be gone!

we are having a round top table I think and not having parents as my parents are divorced and remarried and in laws are still married. I don’t want my dads wife on top table, would just all be awkward. We are having maybe my sister and her boyfriend, and best man and his wife. Undecided about having our two boys on our table

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)