Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner

Hedingham Castle or Fennes

TheBear, 4 of March of 2013 at 23:33 Posted on Planning 0 13

The future Mrs Bear and I are torn between these two fabulous Essex venues......both have so many positives and very few negatives. Tell me why we should choose one over the other.....

13 replies

Latest activity by Sam&Louise, 7 of March of 2013 at 01:31
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Personally, it would be Fennes all the way for me. Hedingham castle has some funky lighting (not in a good way) in the ceremony room- there's a strange flood light type thing on one side which casts horrible shadows. I believe it used to be at the front, but last time we shot there (July 2012) it was on one side, which really isn't very complimentary at all! (search "Hedingham castle ceremony" on google images and i'm sure you'll see what I mean)

Fennes on the other hand ❤️

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

Ilike Fennes too, looks gorgeous.

• wishfulwhispers
    Beginner July 2013
    wishfulwhispers ·
    • Hide content

I've only seen fennes in the flesh, and hedingham castle online now, I still vote fennes. I loved it when i went to see it

• T
    Beginner
    TheBear ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your comments.....Fennes has an open evening tomorrow, so we're back there again to have another look around. Having just had quotes from both, Fennes is also coming in cheaper which surprised us.

For a winter wedding I think that Fennes will be better simply due to the fact MrsBear won't be worrying about her hair getting ruined between the castle and the house at Hedingham!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

If it's a winter wedding, I would definitely opt for Fennes.

Hedinghams ceremony room isn't the lightest of places at the best of times, but a potentially dull winters day definitely wouldn't help matters.

Obviously it's completely up to yourself and your future wife and what it is you're looking for, but from a bias photographers perspective, given the choice Fennes would be the one for me.

Have a lovely time at the open event and be sure to come back and let us know what you think!

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

The Fennes is a brilliant venue, been to two weddings there and loved it. The service there was fantastic and the house itself is so intimate before you move out to the marquee.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Candlelit ceremony = tea lights and a floodlight on the groom. Probably fine in the summer but winter weddings not that fab tbh.

Could be easily rectified with real candles and a bit of ambient underneath the windows.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can't even imagine it on a dark winters day Chris, we shot there in July '12 on a pretty overcast afternoon and the shadows cast by that floodlight were a pain then to say the least- right across the brides face. It's times like that I wish I had Bernards watch....

• T
    Beginner
    TheBear ·
    • Hide content

Went back to Fennes again this evening.....very close to making a decision!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How did it go? Did you have a nice evening?

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Not sure if it still the case, although probably is.....The owners of Fennes also own Parklands (Quendon)....was that venue of interest????

Peter

• T
    Beginner
    TheBear ·
    • Hide content

Went really well - spoke to one of the wedding planners there who we had been in touch with previously and may be booking soon.

Parklands was an option, but we simply went to Fennes first and loved it so much!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Glad to hear a productive evening. Let us know when you've made your decision ?

Parklands is beautiful too! A tad more expensive though if I remember correctly.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics