Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Curious June 2022 Cambridgeshire

H2B embarrassing surname

Expensivepurplebridesmaid50886, 2 of July of 2019 at 16:03 Posted on Planning 0 1

I’m due to get married next year and I’m really nervous about changing my surname. My H2B has a really embarrassing surname and I don’t want to take it. He is very traditional and would be very offended if I didn’t take it. I also have an unusual surname so if we decided to double barrel it, it would just sound ridiculous. I’m also really worried that our children would be bullied for it their name. Every time I tell people what my surname is going to be I get laughed at, I really don’t like it.

Im stuck on what I can do. Does anyone have any advice?

1 replies

Latest activity by SunnyYellowDecor97476, 11 of July of 2019 at 15:06
  • F
    Savvy August 2019
    Fairy5 ·
    • Hide content

How bad is the name? I'm going to be getting Beale. Do you have any idea how many Ian Beale comments I get!?

• S
    Beginner September 2021 Perthshire
    SunnyYellowDecor97476 ·
    • Hide content

I feel your pain. I get married next May and I am dreading taking my htb s surname. He already uses my surname with we book a table etc as it's easier. He always has to spell his surname. I will spend the rest of my life repeating and spelling my surname. Not to mention that it gets pronounced wrongly all of the time. Our two children have his surname but they are not old enough for it to have caused them any issues yet.

I will be Susan Scaife. Scaife rhymes with waif. However I want us to be one family and I will be taking his name. I can't say I'm looking forward to it though.

I think if it means that much to you then you do need to talk to him. You don't want to spend your life hating your name. He might initially be upset but would be get used to the idea?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics