Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sunset21
Beginner

Funny goings on in lay-bys.....

Sunset21, 3 of April of 2009 at 21:37 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 26

Do 'things' go on in lay-bys involving men and public toilets a lot? I obv. know about George Michael and his fondness for toilets but is it quite common? MrSun is convinced there's some very strange goings on in a lay-by he stops in when on a break. Am I very naive about such things?

26 replies

Latest activity by seahag, 3 of April of 2009 at 23:13
  • flailing wildly
    flailing wildly ·
    • Hide content

Do you mean meeting up for random sh*gs? There aren't many public toilets in laybys ?

• Zo�
    Beginner July 2009
    Zo� ·
    • Hide content

Ive heard of at least one big layby being used for dogging activities and gay cruising

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

In the middle of the day Zoe?

• R-A
    Beginner July 2008
    R-A ·
    • Hide content

I think cottaging is fairly common in some minority groups but as FW says, I can't think of many lay-bys with public loos ?

• flailing wildly
    flailing wildly ·
    • Hide content

There was a layby near the NEC which was always, always packed with doggers / cruisers, to the extent that the council had to close it as it was causing accidents as people swerved in to park off the dual carriageway. I'd drive past it most days and there would be six, eight cars there at any one time, during daylight hours.

• Flaming Nora
    Beginner May 2003
    Flaming Nora ·
    • Hide content

There used to be a lay by near me that was a well known gay shagging lay by. You often saw random blokes wondering out of the woods doing their belts back up. It became so notorious that the police had it filled in but they just use the one further up the road now.

• R-A
    Beginner July 2008
    R-A ·
    • Hide content

<random aside> why do so many professional footballers seem to enjoy dogging? <random aside>

• Hoobygroovy
    Hoobygroovy ·
    • Hide content

I always thought Cheltenham was such a refined place before I moved into the area so it came as a surprise to find that a couple of local beauty spots have been well known for dogging in recent years. I am wary of any layby or car park with plenty of cars parked up after dark.

ETA: That reads like Cheltenham became a less refined place after I moved into the area.... which is probably true. ?

• Zo�
    Beginner July 2009
    Zo� ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

AFAIK yes, the one I heard about is shelter from the road so passers by wouldnt notice, only people that stopped.

• francesca
    Beginner August 2013
    francesca ·
    • Hide content

Drugs deals? Likely place to meet I'd think. <not a drug dealer, honest>

• flailing wildly
    flailing wildly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

hmmm, I think you ought to tell me where these are so I can investigate avoid them <cough>

• Flowery the Grouch
    Beginner December 2007
    Flowery the Grouch ·
    • Hide content

Can someone clarify the difference between dogging and cottaging? (I'm so not up with the lingo)

• Clairy
    Beginner October 2003
    Clairy ·
    • Hide content

I've heard of dogging - i watched a documentary about it a few years ago on BBC 2 and it was bloody grim. The female volunteer who liked to be shagged on car bonnets with strangers watching / showeing the couple / joining in had pretty much no teeth. I would never use a layby now for fears of accidentally coming across something I shouldn't.

Which actually did happen to me some years ago. When I first started driving my eldest son was about 1. We were looking for all sorts of places to go for picnics etc and found this lovely lake with a nature reserve. We had commented that the car park was always full, but I never gave it much thought.

One day we decided to take the buggy through the nature reserve for a bit of a walk. The first thing that was odd was a male and female older couple walking back from some long grass glaring at us. I looked around and under a weeping willow stood two men with women knelt in front of them. It took me a few loong seconds to twig what was going on. We made a sharp exit and never returned ?

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

exactly, after dark. But in the middle of the day when families/'normal' people are innocently using them? Euch. Yes, not all laybys have loos but this one happens to.

• R-A
    Beginner July 2008
    R-A ·
    • Hide content

Cottaging: sex with a random in a public loo (usually gay men)

Dogging: having sex whilst other people watch - often with a regular partner, usually heterosexual. OR going just to watch the sex, not partake.

• Doughnut
    Beginner June 2008
    Doughnut ·
    • Hide content

I think dogging is where you go and shag other people in cars and cottaging is loos? Is cottaging just blokes, and strangers? Dogging you can take your partner along, and maybe swap them for someone else? I'm not sure.

I'm 40 miles from Chelt but I know the beauty spot you mean, everyone's heard about it ?

I sound really dodgy, I'm not honest ?

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

now that makes me very angry, if you aren't to know that sort of thing goes on in a place that's seemingly quite innocent why would other families out with their children. Some things should be kept indoors. Ick.

• flailing wildly
    flailing wildly ·
    • Hide content

You see, I'd probably find it hysterical to come across (excuse the pun) randoms sh*gging in odd locations, but there again I'm not a parent, so experiencing this whilst you're taking your child on an innocent day out I'm sure is very different and not at all welcome.

• Hoobygroovy
    Hoobygroovy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There's Shag Shab Hill above the Air Balloon and the top car park in the Crickley Hill country park. I think they lock the gates of the latter at sundown now in an effort to stop it. I have serious doubts about the car park on the A46 below Prinknash Abbey too, the one on the woods side of the road. There are always lots of cars parked there late at night.

• flailing wildly
    flailing wildly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmmm, you seem to be remarkably well informed, young Hoobster ?

I'm going past the Air Balloon on Monday morning. 8.30am might be a bit early for most, though, I think. Shaaaame.

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

Is the Air Balloon one on the road between Ciren (is it A40?) and Birdlip? I'd heard of that one.

• Clairy
    Beginner October 2003
    Clairy ·
    • Hide content

Well, we were lucky in a way because Jonathan was just a baby and doesn't remember it. I was mortified and - yes, I agree, there should have been some way of informing people. However, I am guessing that it must have been well known to the police and they must have turned a blind eye because it was a rural location where it could be discreet (unless you actually went walking innocently through).

It would be a different situation if I went there with J now he's 12, I would be flaming furious. Actually, I would complain to the police and the council.

• flailing wildly
    flailing wildly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, it's the road to Birdlip coming from Cheltenham heading towards the M4.

• Hoobygroovy
    Hoobygroovy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yep, Shab Hill is at the Birdlip turning.

FW, I told someone at work that I liked to stop off at Shab Hill sometimes on the way home if there was a pretty sunset and they nearly died laughing. That's when I found out about the dodgy (or should that be doggy?) goings on.

• flailing wildly
    flailing wildly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that would have called for a snooty nose in the air stylee reaction ?

I think you're mistaken, though. Surely no-one in Cheltenham actually has s-e-x. They're too busy polishing their Range Rovers and going to overpriced farm shops.

• Old Nick Esq.
    Old Nick Esq. ·
    • Hide content

Ever tried to find a public loo in Belfast? ?

Actually there is one now. But Belfast's cottagers were as militant as all our other 'interest' groups.

• S
    Beginner June 2007
    seahag ·
    • Hide content

I had an early start one morning with a 3 hour drive. So I decided to go fresh faced and put my make up on in a lay-by nearer the destination. I pulled into a little chef and was happily applying the aforesaid make up when I glanced over to the car next to me.. A couple in their mid 40's, her giving him a BJ and him smiling at me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics