Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Savvy August 2019

Floral confusion!

ExpensivePinkCars56269, 5 of September of 2018 at 13:58 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi all,

I’m wondering if you have any advice on flowers. I’m planning on doing the majority of the flowers myself. For the bridesmaids I’m going to make simple gyspohila bouquets tied with ribbon.

Buttonholes for the Ushers and the Best Man I was planning on also using gypsophlia and then doing the same for MOB, MOG, Groom and my Brother (who will be walking me down the isle) but to include a pink rose in the ones for the MOB, MOG and my Brother and an ivory rose for my husband to be.

I’m planning on having my bouquet done by a professional florist as I didn’t think I could master that one myself!

Does this sound all okay? I’ve read so much about corsages and I can’t see the difference! I’m not one for tradition so it doesn’t matter too much, but just want to make sure it won’t look odd.

1 replies

Latest activity by ExpensivePinkCars56269, 10 of September of 2018 at 08:02
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

There is a difference and you will have actually included that difference in your ideas. The womens corsages usually will be based on the mens button holes but will have some extra elements, just like you are doing.

Also the womens corsages go on the opposite side to mens and also hang down and are normally built that way.

My tip is to wind into the stem binding on the corsages a magnet which is a much better way to attach to women's dresses. The men have nice thick strong lapels that can take a big pin.

• E
    Savvy August 2019
    ExpensivePinkCars56269 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much that makes perfect sense and I really wouldn’t have thought about the magnet idea, I’ll have to look out for some of those. Thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics