Eyebrow threading

*Little_Jen*
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 12Next >
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 13 Jul 2009 14:35

Eyebrow threading

Does anyone get there eyebrows threaded? I am getting married on Saturday and i am just wondering when would it be best to get it done?

Jen x

• Posted: 13 Jul 2009 14:39

Re: Eyebrow threading

Hi Jen

I have mine done every month its fantastic far better than waxing as i used to end up with a red mark and 2 scabs everyting i had it done which took 3 days to heal. If i was having mine threaded for my wedding i would have it done 4/5 days before.

K  x

• Posted: 13 Jul 2009 14:49

Ok then looks like I better get my twizzers out then! I dont think I am going to chance getting scabby eye brows 4 days prior the wedding haha! eek!  Thanks Kerry anne! x

• Posted: 13 Jul 2009 15:02

I get mine done and it's fab, highly recommend it. I got mine done the day before my wedding, I had no issues with rednes or anything, it tends to settle down within the hour

• Posted: 13 Jul 2009 15:03

Also, I think Kerryanne meant she got scabs with waxing, which I used to as well, I never have any problems with threading

• Posted: 13 Jul 2009 15:11

Oh I see..yes I have just re-read her post!

• Posted: 13 Jul 2009 15:14

i read it as she got scabs from threading too!  d'oh!

this is great advice - i'm hoping i can just pop along to the threading bit in bluewater the day before too!

• Posted: 13 Jul 2009 15:24

Hi Jen

Sorry for the confusion doh .... NO scabs from threading!!!

Waxing gave me scabs ........ !!

Hope that helps lol!!

K x

• Posted: 13 Jul 2009 16:59

Ooooo yes, threading is fab!  I would have it done 4 or 5 days in advance, as I find it makes my skin a bit red and a tiny bit puffy looking for a day or two.

• Posted: 13 Jul 2009 17:51

had my legs threaded once and it lasted for ages and ages

wasn't pain free tho!

She asked if I wanted my bikini line done too - poiltely declined!

• Posted: 13 Jul 2009 21:51

Im taking my bushy brows along 2 days before the wedding, mine are normally red for a couple of hours after.

bluewater - I get mine done outside HoF, have never made an appt or anything but sometimes had to wait for about ten mins.  Think they are quite expensive for threading though, £15 and I used to pay £5 at a place in Gravesend, guess the price has gone up the more popular it has become.  I noticed a threading bar at Lakeside last week so I might check them out too

• Posted: 13 Jul 2009 21:55

Umm.....I never do anything with my eyebrows....would you say that this would be a good starting point for me?

x

• Posted: 13 Jul 2009 22:18

OLL, I love it, would never wax cos Im a wimp but the first time I had mine threaded, well my eyes certainly watered! Is fab though and gives a good shape, is not painful just smarts a bit (trying to explain it without contradicting myself!)

x

• Posted: 13 Jul 2009 22:21

Can you choose the shape of them, because I want them natural....not threadbare, like some brows I've seen!

x

• Posted: 13 Jul 2009 22:27

I think you can pretty much just ask for a tidy up, my brows are terrible if left for more than a month and as I walk towards the lady she goes brows, yes ... lol

Maybe I should go more often!

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 12Next >