Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2020

Dress traumas/re-sizing ?

SunnyRedDecor93055, 3 of February of 2019 at 23:47 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello all I am looking for some advice. I bought my dress “off the peg” and It is a size 16 and would need taking down to a 10/12 as I’ve lost quite a bit of unexpected weight.. would this even be possible? If not I may need to choose another dress unfortunately? which I don’t really want to do nor can I afford a second one? i just wondered if it’s possible before I panic! Thank you in advance

3 replies

Latest activity by SunnyRedDecor93055, 5 of February of 2019 at 10:25
  • L
    Beginner January 2019
    LuxuriousRedStationery801 ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends on what sort of dress it is. Mine was a corset and bone type thing at the top which then flowed out at the bottom. My bridal shop said that they could adjust 2 sizes either way but couldn’t guarantee anymore than that. Hope that helps xx

• L
    Dedicated June 2019
    LuxuriousPurpleBridesmaid73066 ·
    • Hide content

Is your dress lace up or does it have a zip? The shop where I bought my dress said a lace up could be pulled in two dress sizes which would mean it might well still fit.

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

I've seen lots of posts saying that most dresses can be taken down 3 dress sizes, so you might be ok, but I think this depends a lot on the style of dress. If you bought off the peg, why not see if they will exchange it for the same dress in a smaller size?

If not, find yourself a decent, well-reviewed bridal seamstress, and ask their opinion.

Good luck! X

• S
    Beginner July 2020
    SunnyRedDecor93055 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your kinds words - it's a fit and flare, with straps, I don't know if that helps? It's got a zip to the my lower back and then buttons for about 6 inches up from there. I have an appointment with a seamstress next week so fingers crossed once I have a better idea she may be able to let me know if it's possible and then I can panic!

I know Bridal shops insist on no exchanges etc, but does this count when it's off the peg? I was going to ring them and speak to them and ask them if they had anything else that I could swap it for (even prepared to pay slightly more) but I dont want to chance it incase they arent very helpful ☹️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics