Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2018

Dress regret - help!

Latesummerbride18, 11 of May of 2018 at 09:00 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hello!

I need some help and ideas from all you creative types with vision!

I purchased the Maggie Sottero dress Greer, but I am now having major concerns that I've made a big mistake. I'm not sure if it's because i don't much like my body at all and I would feel like it in any dress but I'm not happy!

I asked the dress shop last week if we could make some alterations such as building up the top and adding sleeves etc. as i absolutely hate my arms, thinking it would be possible, but their response was a resounding no (They say they won't be able to get a tulle to match as mine is the Ivory over light Gold option) but i know you can buy add on packs from Maggie Sottero for the lace, motifs etc and I'm sure it wouldn't be impossible.

I'm now desperately trying to find a seamstress who can help me in the Surrey area (wedding 15/09/2018). Any input would be greatly appreciated - has anybody else had sleeves added to a similar style dress with success?!

Hopefully there is something i can do as at the moment i feel really unhappy in the dress and the solution of a double veil to offer some security just isn't enough!! :/

However, i'm not sure whether sleeves would look right, should i go for a half sleeve or a short sleeve etc.

4 replies

Latest activity by bloodninja, 19 of May of 2018 at 08:01
  • J
    Beginner May 2018
    JessNav ·
    • Hide content

That dress is stunning!! Did you try it on in the shop? You must of got the "I've found my wedding dress" feeling to make you buy it. Go and try it on again, take some pictures of yourself in it and convince yourself that you look beautiful, which I'm sure you do!

• J
    Beginner May 2018
    JessNav ·
    • Hide content

That dress is stunning!! Did you try it on in the shop? You must of got the "I've found my wedding dress" feeling to make you buy it. Go and try it on again, take some pictures of yourself in it and convince yourself that you look beautiful, which I'm sure you do!

• H
    Beginner August 2018
    HappyBlueDecor8289 ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful dress, I am a little jealous! But it is irrelevant. What about a little capelet over your shoulders?

Can you try another seamstress?

• tarahcoonan
    Beginner August 2011
    tarahcoonan ·
    • Hide content

I'm afraid I can't recommend one in Surrey but Alma is in Brighton and has an amazing reputation. It's not too far a drive (about an hour from Guildford) and worth it for a recommendation? http://www.brightonalterations.com/

I'm surprised the shop won't alter it for you! It is a beautiful dress and lots of brides go through dress wobbles. But little capped sleeves would look very pretty on it. Have you tried contacting Maggie Sottero in London to see if they can advise and help?

• B
    Beginner September 2018
    bloodninja ·
    • Hide content

I’m so sorry, I know the feeling. I don’t like my body that much at all and I never do dresses. I don’t know your area but go try it on again, imagine your hair all done and makeup, go get a pamper first to put you in a more positive mood and just as important, or maybe more so... don’t be so hard on yourself. It’s such a stressful time it’s easy to let your mind work overtime

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics