Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsT-tobe
Beginner June 2013

Day invite help...

MrsT-tobe, 7 of May of 2012 at 22:23 Posted on Planning 0 17

I'm having a 1pm wedding. What time do i put on the invites for guests to arrive and how do i work this?

17 replies

Latest activity by Pink Han-bag, 9 of May of 2012 at 17:16
  • MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content

Ceremony to start at 1pm?

Or maybe please arrive and to be seated ready for our ceremony to start promptly at 1pm

• S
    Beginner November 2012
    Sparklebright ·
    • Hide content

Ours is at 2, guests will be told to arrive at 1 for a pre ceremony drink in the bar... alcohol will always get people there on time!

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

Ours is also 1pm but we asked guests to arrive for 12.30. That will allow for anyone running late and ensure everyone is seated and has hello to everyone they are desperate to speak to before the ceremony!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

We put our ceremony time and a line underneath asking guests to be seated earlier, though I am sure everyone knows not to arrive on the dot of the ceremony time

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

I'm a one o'clocker too!

In the invites I put request the pleasure of the company of..........to celebrate our wedding at............On the 8th September 2012 at 1pm

(Please arrive to be seated by 12:30pm)

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

My opinion is that you shouldn't insult people's intelligence by telling them anything other than the ceremony time, unless you're arranging pre-ceremony drinks like Sparklebright. I'm a grown woman, I know that you should arrive in plenty of time. I'd be insulted if the B&G thought that I wouldn't have considered that. I've been to almost 30 weddings in the last 5 years and not one of them has put any additional time other than the ceremony time.

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

Seriously, you'd be "insulted"?!! I can't say it would bother me I'm the slightest if I received an invite asking me to arrive early, certainly not insulted. haven't mentioned the ceremony time in ours so whatever happens, we should have everyone seated on time. And I don't think any of our guests are sensitive enough to be insulted so fingers crossed it won't cause too much of-a stir!

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I definitely needed to add that on mine! I have an auntie who walked in after my other auntie at her wedding! I would 'die' if anyone walked in AFTER me and even with the obvious instruction to be there earlier I'm still worried she'll be late! I'm having 'security' on the door so that if she's there after me she can't come in lol

• MrsT-tobe
    Beginner June 2013
    MrsT-tobe ·
    • Hide content

Wow" if any of my guests were offended by me putting a time to arrive on the invites I would question whether I want them there in the first place. You may have been to 30 weddings in the past 5 years but that doesn't mean all my guests have.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone has helped with my invites greatly!!

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS ?

• I
    Beginner May 2013
    ilovejay ·
    • Hide content

I agree with knees.......i get married at 4 and will put 4 on invites.........i'd like to think that people would have the common sense to be there early enough.

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

Who cares! It's a minor detail anyway, I doubt anyone would even notice either way and they certainly wouldn't analyse over whether they should be insulted or not. I think us brides just over think everything...

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

I'm definitely asking our guests to arrive early as we're getting married in registry office & they run a pretty tight schedule there. Plus I want everyone to be in & seated before I arrive. The main problem will be me getting there on time as I'm always late!!! I don't think people will be offended.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Knowing Knees as I do, I don't think she meant she'd be insulted by being asked to be seated earlier, we've had so many threads like this even over the last 9months I've been around and the general concensus is that it's rude to give people the wrong ceremony time - ie if your ceremony is 1, to put 12 or 12.30 on the invites. It is however fine to say 1pm, please be seated by xyz.

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I thought they couldn't serve alcohol for an hour before?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics