Comfortable shoes - Too much to ask?!

bloodninja
Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous123Next >
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 2 May 2013 19:41

Re: Comfortable shoes - Too much to ask?!

Thank you all SO much for your replies, they are all lovely, and helpful!! Feeling much more positive, thanks everyone, I'll keep looking. Some really good ideas here Big Smile

• Posted: 2 May 2013 19:44

I'm wearing Dr Martens...white, calf height :-)  and I'm going to have my guests write on them so I can keep them!

• Posted: 2 May 2013 21:36

I've got some heels as my something old but I am thinking after the photos go down the customized converse route. 

I think it would be pretty cool to have the date and bride on them or something!

• Posted: 3 May 2013 8:49

Soon2BMrsTim:
    so guess what! I've bought myself some purple converse! Matches the purple and black wedding and I'll be blister free by the end of the night! Problem solved :-)

This was my initial option. I LIVE in my trainers, so it was the only obvious choice. Until I went and bought a tea-length dress! And....they just don't look right. Unfortunately I'm not blessed with petite lady feet- mine look more like boats. This is fine when they're swamped by long bootcut jeans, but I just looked like a golf club with the dress on. If I was wearing a long dress, however, I'd definitely pick Converse or any pair of funky kicks to wear underneath.

• Posted: 3 May 2013 10:27

Skeptical78:

Soon2BMrsTim:
    so guess what! I've bought myself some purple converse! Matches the purple and black wedding and I'll be blister free by the end of the night! Problem solved :-)

This was my initial option. I LIVE in my trainers, so it was the only obvious choice. Until I went and bought a tea-length dress! And....they just don't look right. Unfortunately I'm not blessed with petite lady feet- mine look more like boats. This is fine when they're swamped by long bootcut jeans, but I just looked like a golf club with the dress on. If I was wearing a long dress, however, I'd definitely pick Converse or any pair of funky kicks to wear underneath.

This- I would have loved converse but they looked awful with my dress. I ended up in sky high heels until the evening and then ended up kicking them off and dancing barefoot.

• Posted: 3 May 2013 16:01

I had given up on 'wedding' shoes as they all just seemed pretty ugly or old fashioned to me (although there are some nice ones out there!). I've bought some Rachel Simpson shoes ( http://rachelsimpsonshoes.co.uk/browse.php ) and they're very comfortable. Really soft leather and very light, much better than the tatty cheap shoes I usually buy! I'd definitely recommend taking a look at their shoes, they do some low heeled ones too which would probably be easier to wear all day.

• Posted: 3 May 2013 17:30

Skeptical78:

I'm a wide size 9, and I've plumped for these mid-heels from Rainbow (they're called Sherbert).

I NEVER wear heels, being 5'11", but these were the ones I tried on in the shop when I bought my dress. The only prob is that they cost about £60 (including dyeing bright yellow!), but I hate shoe shopping SO MUCH I just said 'sod it' and got them. Two birds, one stone!

I still don't know if I'm going to be able to handle them all day, but if they get too much I'll just kick 'em off and dance barefoot.

I had these! They were fine all day (although I'm fairly used to this sized heel indefinitely - anything higher I can only manage a few hours in).

• Posted: 3 May 2013 19:25

Bluebell25:

I had given up on 'wedding' shoes as they all just seemed pretty ugly or old fashioned to me (although there are some nice ones out there!). I've bought some Rachel Simpson shoes ( http://rachelsimpsonshoes.co.uk/browse.php ) and they're very comfortable. Really soft leather and very light, much better than the tatty cheap shoes I usually buy! I'd definitely recommend taking a look at their shoes, they do some low heeled ones too which would probably be easier to wear all day.

And they have an outlet for bargains (I got one of my back up pairs from Rachel Simpson, outlet, but they weren't quite the right colour. They are beautiful shoes though)

• Posted: 3 May 2013 20:35

There's no way I'm spending the whole day in heels, so I'll be in ballet shoes with ribbon Smile

• Posted: 4 May 2013 14:10

I can't wear super high shoes neither can I wear totally flat ones. 

I've got a pair of irregular choice for the day (Mrs something or other - cant remember but there;s a rose in the heel) and I have another pair of BHS ones (£9) 'just in case.

• Posted: 18 May 2018 13:12

It is important that everyone find a pair of comfortable and supportive shoes for their work. This is especially true for those who constantly stand up, as these long shifts can destroy our legs. We need comfortable shoes that are light and cold enough to avoid fatigue, sweat and smelly feet.
    Here are some shoes which are recomended as the best comfortable shoes such as 
    1. Clarks Women’s May Marigold Slip-On Loafer
    2. Skechers for Work Skech Air Slip Resistant Lace-Up
    3. Clarks Women’s Everlay Coda Flat

It is important that everyone find a pair of comfortable and supportive shoes for their work. This is especially true for those who constantly stand up, as these long shifts can destroy our legs. We need comfortable shoes that are light and cold enough to avoid fatigue, sweat and smelly feet.Here are some shoes which are recomended as the best comfortable shoes such as 1. Clarks Women’s May Marigold Slip-On Loafer2. Skechers for Work Skech Air Slip Resistant Lace-Up3. Clarks Women’s Everlay Coda Flat

• Posted: 22 May 2018 9:40

I stumbled across Rachel Simpson Shoes when trying on my wedding dress and found them to be so comfortable.  After that I knew thats what I wanted and I loved the vintage yet modern designs Rachel Simpson Shoes had.  Like you I don't wear heels that often so I went with https://www.rachelsimpsonshoes.co.uk/shop/octavia/.  They are so comfortable, the heel isn't thin so you don't end up wobbling all over the place and mine came with little plastic heel protectors that allows you to walk on grass without sinking in, which is a brilliant idea! 

Take a look at her website and see what you think. At the end of the day you have to be comfortable and like others have said if you'd rather wear flats go for it.  It's your day, there are no rules :)

• Posted: 29 May 2018 8:09

Wear what you love. Comfy is the key:)

• Posted: 30 May 2018 8:09

I've gone for latin dance sandals. They are so comfortable and they are silver on the front and an off white satin in the back. Only 2.7 inch heel too.

• Posted: 3 Jun 2018 8:56

So glad I just came across this. My dresss fitting for alterations is on 12th so I need my shoes sorting. I’m not a heel or girly person and I was having a nightmare. My dress is long so I’m really considering a pair of lace flats for the day bit and changing into some vans or dcs for the evening.  I didn’t want to be the only one doing this, seeing others in the same dilemma gives me some confidence I’m doing the right thing. 

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous123Next >