Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner May 2019

Cheltenham chairs- do you think they're ugly?

RomanticPurpleHair29158, 30 of January of 2019 at 13:50 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone

Please could I get your opinion on black cheltenham chairs with a red cushion? They come with our venue. Do you think I should cover them with a chiffon hood? My colour scheme is pink, burgundy, green and white. Do you think they are ugly? The chair covers and sash hire starts at £2 each which all adds up to over £100. Just thinking what I could be doing with the money instead.

My ceremony is going to be held in a very white looking room.

Thanks

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGRV_enGB802GB802&biw=1440&bih=789&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=NKtRXNCiNsKN0gWj1KOoDg&q=cheltenham+chair+red+&oq=cheltenham+chair+red+&gs_l=img.3...17274.17274..17445...0.0..0.68.68.1......0....1..gws-wiz-img.OZ6hhOUQDv4#imgrc=L60qeeXiAcPg9M:

3 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousOrangeCars61063, 4 of February of 2019 at 21:36
  • R
    Savvy August 2019
    RomanticPinkDecor31906 ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends on the venue. If the venue is very simple I think they could look quite striking. It sounds like your venue is simple and that they tie in with your colour scheme. I think they will be great if so. If they are in a cluttered or cosy room, they might be a bit much. Can you tell us more about the decor? What is the floor made of?

Have you looked up albums of other people who got married there? Do you like how they look in those photos?

I think chair covers are absolutely disgusting. And a complete waste of money. I suppose thats a personal preference. I think they just look far too fussy so dont let my opinion put you off! I also cant stand those bamboo like white wash chairs you see everywhere at the moment.

To me it sounds/looks like they would work well

• R
    Beginner May 2019
    RomanticPurpleHair29158 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your reply! I think chair covers are really ugly too !! I don’t wanna waste money on them if I don’t have to. The room looks like this: https://goo.gl/images/SgjGai

I can’t find anyone getting married in this room so just trying to picture it all in my head.

• R
    Savvy August 2019
    RomanticPinkDecor31906 ·
    • Hide content

Stunning!!! I think they will look awesome in there!

• L
    Beginner February 2020
    LuxuriousOrangeCars61063 ·
    • Hide content

I think you'll be fine - there seems to be photos at that venue of those chairs in a conservatory style room and they look lovely and go with your colour scheme.. plus they're unlikely to show in any photos as your guests bums will be on them Smiley smile

Personally I also have an issue with chair covers as I always get my feet tangled in them (especially the elastic ones!!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics