Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Savvy August 2021

Charity shop wedding dresses and other budget friendly alternatives

LuxuriousGreenHair66000, 3 of July of 2019 at 12:57 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hello everyone! I am considering going to a charity shop (an Oxfam bridal store) to find my wedding dress.

However, I am nervous that I wont be able to find a dress that fits me, since I am 5'2 and I am not the thinnest - I am not an average size at all and struggle to shop for clothes as it is. I know that you can get a seamstress to take it in and what not but I am a bit nervous. Does anyone have any experience with buying a dress from a charity shop or a pre-owned dress? Do you have any other tips for buying a dress on a budget?

2 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveOrangeStationery59165, 23 of September of 2019 at 13:44
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hello there!

We're on a budget, and like you I am short, and a size 16-18. Wed2b is great for budget friendly wedding dresses, its where I got mine. My bridesmaids and flower girl dresses have come from eBay, as have my shoes.

I've used charity shops for decorations, guestbook, photo albumn and anything else I can get my hands on!

Top tip for your cake - M&S!

Hope this helps!

Ali xx

• M
    martinnathalie ·
    • Hide content

It's not second hand however, ASOS are now doing budget friendly wedding dresses? You can see loads of try on videos on YouTube if you are wanting to see what they look like!

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    ExpensiveOrangeStationery59165 ·
    • Hide content

I don't have experience with pre-owned dresses, but some high street brands stock nice wedding dresses. Monsoon and Phase Eight have a range (although they are a little pricey). There is also an Australian brand called Review which ships to the UK and has a good wedding range. Their dresses are quite decent quality and good for a curvy figure, and they have frequent sales. A friend of mine got her dress from Chi Chi and loved it. I tried one from there on and wasn't impressed, but I think they can be nice if you get the right style x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics