Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Curious September 2021 Tyne & Wear

Ceilidh at wedding?

Sarah, 6 of September of 2019 at 15:33 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hey all,

Considering having a ceilidh at our wedding. We've been to a wedding before where they had this and it was a lot of fun and got everyone dancing.

Has anyone had one at their wedding? If so, what time did you have the ceilidh and did you manage in your wedding dress?

If i need to change outfits it can't be too early in the night so evening guests can actually see me in my dress.

Confused as to how it would all work really!

Help appreciated Smiley smile

Sarah

2 replies

Latest activity by HappyBlueCars582, 11 of September of 2019 at 18:21
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I have seen a few of these at weddings and in each case the bride did not change. Some did not stay all night and were supplemented by a DJ

• R
    Beginner May 2016
    RomanticPurpleDiamonds24669 ·
    • Hide content

I had a barn dance at our wedding - despite my husband's protestations beforehand, it was brilliant and everyone commented about how entertaining it was, both as participants and observers - I would say definitely do it! I had two dresses - I had a short, simple dress made for the evening, but then, I didn't have evening guests. It was a quick change in the ladies loo for me! Make sure you have your photographer on hand to witness all the errors! Good luck!

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

Ceilidhs are very common at weddings up here in Scotland and are great fun! The bride doesn’t usually change and most of the women take their high heels off for it or bring flat shoes to dance in.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics