Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

zaraahmad
Curious August 2021

Can i wear wedding dress for whole day?

zaraahmad, 24 of February of 2020 at 10:31 Posted on Planning 0 8

Our ceremony is at 10:00, and I'm guessing we'll be finished with photos by noon. I hate to think I'll be wearing that gorgeous dress for only two hours! Will any of you with an early ceremony be donning your wedding attire again for dinner that evening?

8 replies

Latest activity by Ebony, 19 of February of 2021 at 18:25
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Are you not having some kind of meal straight after the photos? Our wedding is at 11, then photos and then we are having a lunch at 2.30. We will be leaving for our honeymoon around 6pm, but I expect to keep my dress on until shortly before we leave.

I think it will be fine if you keep the dress on all day. Is your evening dinner your wedding reception or will it just be you and your new husband? If you don't have anything between the photos and the dinner, then you might want to change out of the dress, just to be comfortable, but then you could change back again for the dinner.

• zaraahmad
    Curious August 2021
    zaraahmad ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for getting back.

you are right, We have lunch and obviously it will take some time. I am not going any where on that day but still there are few hours.

I think changing the dress wouldn't be easy because i don't know how to adjust my hair as my parlor guy did.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I would say that it is quite rare for brides to have a change of dress during the day, the most that will happen is that the veil "may have to come off" by the time they sit down for the meal.

A lot of brides will ask me when do they take the veil off and I reply usually when you have "had enough of it" being yanked, trod on,and a fly trap. Especially the ones that match the length of the dress. But it is sometimes put back in the hair for the first dance so that the evening guests can see it.

• zaraahmad
    Curious August 2021
    zaraahmad ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

If it is normal then i should not change the dress i think. Or may be i am just being worried bit extra

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it matters either way - if your dress is easy to change out of and you would like to have a break from wearing it, then change into something else. But if it's complicated or you just want to keep wearing it, then that is fine also.

I think it is really easy for us to over-worry about things - especially if we normally have a tendency to be anxious about things (I know I do!). But all that really matters is that you are marrying your fiance and starting your new life together. When you think about that, the other things don't seem to matter so much!

• Mintyslippers
    Mintyslippers ·
    • Hide content

Most of our brides stay in their dress all day. The only ones who don't typically get changed into ANOTHER wedding dress because they couldn't decide which one to buy... so bought them both.

• H
    HappyBlueCars5455 ·
    • Hide content

I think it is a tough to change the dress because your hair will be spread out & you don't know how to adjust my hair as my parlor did it the dress.

• E
    Dedicated October 2022 East London
    Ebony ·
    • Hide content
    Its your wedding day, you can wear whatever you want!
    I understand it seems silly to change out of a dress you've been wearing for a few hours but if you want to change into something more comfortable go for it.
    My mother is making my wedding dress and has encouraged me to wear another for the reception. My ceremony dress is full length and cut close to the body and my reception is fit and flare allowing me to eat, drink and dance. My hair style suits both dresses so it not really an issue. Perhaps choose a style which suits both or can be easily changed.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics