Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessie0410
Beginner July 2015

Cake Prices

Jessie0410, 25 of September of 2014 at 18:29 Posted on Planning 0 15

How much is everyone spending on their wedding cake?

I have no idea what is reasonable, we fancy a three tier lemon, chocolate and vanilla sponge. The few places we have enquired with are around £350-£400? Does this sound about right?

15 replies

Latest activity by MissExcited, 30 of September of 2014 at 13:46
  • daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

We haven't booked yet but have got prices.

We want a four tier, Victoria sponge, chocolate, lemon and fruit. All iced. We have been quoted £250 and this includes delivery and setting the cake up at the venue etc.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

It all depends on the level of decoration you're having as that's what takes the time. Some places are able to charge more than others though. I'm paying £250 for a two tier but it will be special and very unique so I'm happy. hth x

• icklesal
    Beginner April 2015
    icklesal ·
    • Hide content

We are paying £440 for a 5 tier.

bottom tier is fake, 4th is red velvet, 3rd chocolate, 2nd fruit and 1st butterscotch.

we are in Cheshire, not sure if prices differ for area. Oh and it includes delivery/setup.

• G
    Beginner June 2015
    GCL2015 ·
    • Hide content

From memory ours is about £270, which is for 3 real tiers and the top tier is fake. All sponge cake with icing. With delivery and set up. We also have to pay £25 to hire a cake stand.

Although we arnt having any decoration on the cake apart from a pearl border on each layer, so it's a pretty simple cake. Instead I'm having the florist put real flowers on it.

I also think prices differ between square and round cakes as you got more servings from a square cake.

• Dizzycaz
    Beginner October 2014
    Dizzycaz ·
    • Hide content

Ours is a two tier lemon and vanilla sponge and it's costing £200 x

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

We had different quotes ranging from £450-£950 for a 5 tier to feed 200 people. We then decided to go for a cupcake tower. 200 cupcakes & a top cake for us to cut, £200! Bargin lol

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

We are paying £375 for a 4 tier cake (4 different flavours - yet to be decided on!) with a buttercream finish, then I think £30 extra from our florist for fresh flowers to decorate.

as someone else has said, it is the amount of decoration on the icing that mainly will determine the price. If we wanted the same cake with a fondant/sugar paste icing with a detailed designed that required lots of intricate piping, it would cost a lot more due to the increase in the time it would take from start to finish

• Nessa_EssexBride
    Beginner November 2015
    Nessa_EssexBride ·
    • Hide content

Due to us being in an interracial relationship and wanted to put a twist on the traditional cake, We fell straight in love with this cake. Its so us.

Quotes we knew would be alot. We're getting quotes from £320 - 520. Different flavours / delivery and set up. 5 tiers.

• bettylu88
    Beginner November 2014
    bettylu88 ·
    • Hide content

4 tier with ribbon ( 2 tiers fruit cake 2 tiers sponge)- £230. Making some icing flowers myself, super easy ?

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    MissExcited ·
    • Hide content

Ours is a 3-tier rustically iced Victoria Sponge cake with passionfruit jam, lemoncurd and strawberry jam on different layers. Including set up & delivery we're paying £165. I thought that was a very good price. Good luck!

• Jessie0410
    Beginner July 2015
    Jessie0410 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, think we've decided to shop around a bit more first, just don't want to leave it too late and struggle to find someone so best get cracking!!

• Nature Bride
    Beginner August 2015
    Nature Bride ·
    • Hide content

Love your cake Ness!

• Paul & Dawn
    Beginner July 2015
    Paul & Dawn ·
    • Hide content

I've had quotes for a three tier, lemon, chocolate and vanilla sponge to feed 100 with white icing and minimal decoration, they've been between £200 and £280 although the higher quotes were from those that would have to travel a 60 mile round trip to deliver and set up...

Dawn

• RusticBride15
    Beginner June 2015
    RusticBride15 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Where are you based MissExcited?

❤️

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    MissExcited ·
    • Hide content

@RusticBride15 Hi ya. I'm based in South Manchester. I found a lovely cake shop in Didsbury - it's a married couple that's running it. Here's their website http://www.dishandspoonfood.co.uk/. Ours is just a Victoria Sponge cake with different jams but it's perfect for us. If you don't have flavoured sponges or flavoured buttercreams it might help save you some money. How are you getting on with the cake search then?

Hope that helps! Smiley smile x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics