Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2020

Budget venue suggestions in Lancashire or Merseyside please!

SunnyPurpleFlowers94732, 30 of July of 2018 at 22:18 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi, we've only just got engaged and with the amount of money weddings seem to cost I don't know if we will ever be able to afford to get married!!! We want somewhere nice and informal, ideally a barn but these seem to be over 5k just for the venue and no food or drink! Can anyone help with suggestions of unusual places we could have our wedding? We are in Southport but will consider Lancashire, Merseyside and Cheshire areas. Thinking of a weekday wedding late in the day for about 60 guests for the whole thing and only the one meal / bbq/ hog roast or something like that (not just a buffet) or anyone have any other ideas? I am very creative and can make my own decorations, cake, flowers etc but it's the venue and catering I'm worried about. Thanks x

3 replies

Latest activity by SunnyPurpleFlowers94732, 12 of August of 2018 at 16:08
    Beginner August 2019
    300819 ·
    • Hide content

Hi! I’m in Southport too and we’re getting married next August. Ceremony at town hall then reception at Mere Brow Village Hall; you can choose own caterers etc and venue hire and drinks package there are great value. All it needs is some good dressing which is easy if you’re creative ?

There are photos of previous weddings on their Facebook page ??

• Pookie8911
    Beginner April 2017
    Pookie8911 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, where have you looked at so far? That was pretty much our requirement for a venue - we got married at Hyde Bank Farm in Stockport. Beautiful venue, and great family run business and catering. They had a big expansion and renovation just before we got married so prices may well have gone up, but it was very affordable.

Also maybe try - Aclumlow Barn, Oak tree of Peover, and we also looked at The Yellow Broom in Twelmlow which was something a bit different.

Good luck!

• H
    Beginner July 2019
    HappyOrangeCars14677 ·
    • Hide content

It seems that 5k is a good price for this expense

https://stylufka.pl/modne-fryzury-na-wesele-dlugie-wlosy-to-nie-tylko-upiecia/

• S
    Beginner August 2020
    SunnyPurpleFlowers94732 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the responses!

Mere brow is only down the road will check it out, thanks! Will check out the other venues mentioned too . Thanks x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics