Budget and Garden wedding?

AmzieM
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 16 May 2018 18:10

Hug [hug]Budget and Garden wedding?

my partner proposed to me a few days ago. we already decided going to be a small wedding - 14 of us at registry office and then 40 for afterwards. And we want it as cheap as possible hence registry office and will be Thursday as cheapest day.

we wondering if anyone else done a party in their own back garden and how have managed to get chairs , tables, food, etc.

im thinking it still going to cost a lot at a venue or function room .

any ideas or comments are very much welcome. Thank you.

• Posted: 17 May 2018 20:49

Re: Budget and Garden wedding?

I can’t say that I’ve ever been to a wedding reception in a couples back garden, but that’s not to say it hasn’t been done. I just wanted to say, it may initially seem more expensive to hire out a reception venue, but the costs of dry hire do add up. I’m guessing you’ll need to hire tables and chairs etc. and then there’s also the issue of space (I’m assuming here that you don’t have a massive garden). 

It may be worth having a look at hiring out a town hall or fuction room at a hotel (golf clubs and pubs are also a cheaper alternative). That way you’ll save on hire costs and won’t have to worry about the set up the morning/night before as it’ll most likely be done by the hotel/pub/Hall. 

• Posted: 18 May 2018 8:46

Re: Budget and Garden wedding?

I haven't been to one myself, but I know of a few people who have had very successful wedding receptions in their gardens. It sounds like a lovely idea, as long as you have a big enough garden! 

Food wise, if you go for a buffet, wallpaper tables would be perfect for setting out the food. Then you could just hire a few smaller tables and chairs - maybe see if you can borrow from friends if you aren't fussed about everything matching? 

You could do the food yourself, or ask people to bring a plate, or hire caterers to come to your house. 

Or possibly a BBQ, if you can get someone who is happy to do the cooking? 

I think you could make it lovely - set up a little area for dancing with some fairy lights, a couple of gazebos in case of rain, get some bunting up... really nice idea :) 

If you end up looking into hiring a place after all, try local football or rugby clubs - they often give good rates. 

Hope this helps! Also, if you are anywhere near Bristol/Bath, I know a couple of good caterers! X

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)