Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Curious June 2022 Cambridgeshire

Bridesmaid advice

Expensivepurplebridesmaid50886, 21 of October of 2018 at 13:09 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi all,

so ive been trying to ask my bridesmaids to be my bridesmaids for about 3 months now and when it’s comes to it something dramatic always happens and I am then unable to do it ☹️ I had planned to text them all tomorrow and arrange a coffee get together so I can then ask them all at once. Today another one of our friends has announced she got engaged! So this is now another reason why I can’t do it because I will look like I’m trying to get in front of this friend and ask them before she does.

I think it makes the situation worse because I am not really that close with this particular friend but they all are and have all known each other for much longer than I have been in the group.

Am I over thinking this and should I just take the jump and message them tomorrow and arrange a get together?

Many thanks

2 replies

Latest activity by HappyBrownDecor18059, 23 of October of 2018 at 11:56
  • H
    Beginner October 2018
    HappyBrownDecor18059 ·
    • Hide content

Yes, you're over-thinking it, send the text NOW and ask them for coffee asap. If you keep putting it off, the worst case scenario is that this other girl ends up asking them first and then you'll be stuck with no bridesmaids!! If you've already been engaged for 3 months they won't think you're trying to "get in front of" the other girl, you're already ahead in the "queue" anyway!

I know exactly how you're feeling, I ended up over-thinking and putting off my bridesmaid proposals until it was ridiculous. One of them I only ended up finally asking because my mum was literally kicking me under the table to ask her. Before that I'd kept convincing myself that it wasn't the right moment, or other things were more pressing, or agonising over what various people would think if I asked this person at this moment... So I have been there, and trust me, I can tell you that you are indeed overthinking it.

If you don't end up managing to arrange a coffee, pop them a nice card in the post or something. People love that sort of stuff, and once it's in the letterbox you can't take back out!

• E
    Curious June 2022 Cambridgeshire
    Expensivepurplebridesmaid50886 ·
    • Hide content

Great advice! Thank you ? I have arranged a dinner date!

• H
    Beginner October 2018
    HappyBrownDecor18059 ·
    • Hide content

Great! Good luck!! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics