Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner September 2015

Bought my dress......still in total shock! **Flash**

Future*mrsP, 12 of October of 2014 at 10:37 Posted on Planning 0 10

I have been getting more and more worked up and nervous about dress shopping to the point that i just didn't want to go, so with about 10 mins notice yesterday my sister took me to a wedding dress outlet place "just for a browse". Ok, i could cope with a browse. Well since we were there we might aswell try on these 4 that we have picked out. But i definitely wasnt going to buy one.

So spent the next 2 hours being helped in and out of dresses.....first one made us both cry it was soooo lovely, but possibly a bit to pouffy, 2nd and 3rd were perfect examples of what i didnt want, and i never actually tried on the 4th one i picked as my sister spotted another one hanging up in the changing area that someone else had tried on. So the lady in the shop went off to see if they had it my size, they did, its gorgeous and i bought it! I did spend almost an hour in it in the changing room trying to decide tho! It doesnt even need altering..... right size, right length depending on the shoes i choose, the only change will be adding some straps and i have bought those too as the shop had some that matched perfectly so they just need attaching. Pics don't do it justice.... The top layer is tuille with embroidery flowers and lots of lovely sparkly bead work. Also planning full length veil and tiara!

10 replies

Latest activity by pammy67, 13 of October of 2014 at 07:54
  • Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow, LOVE the lace around the bottom!! Congratulations! :-)

• alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk
    Rockstar November 2014
    alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

It's beautiful Smiley heart yay! Dress :-D Xx

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful....what an excellent result!!

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    MissExcited ·
    • Hide content

Your dress is gorgeous Smiley smile

• FS84
    Beginner March 2015
    FS84 ·
    • Hide content

I love it!

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    mrsmaxwell2b ·
    • Hide content

Wow!! Your dress is gorgeous hun Smiley smile and it does sound like it was meant to be since it doesn't require any alterations!

I've just bought my dress too & woke up at 5am the other morning panicking that I mad the wrong decision lol

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful ❤️ How exciting that you've got your dress ;-)

• F
    Beginner September 2015
    Future*mrsP ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies. I spent most of last night worrying I had done the wrong thing and that i should have chosen the other more pouffy one, but today i can't stop looking at the pic of my dress and i know its the right one. I can't wait to go and pick it up on friday, and have another try on!

Because it all happened on the spur of the moment i was worried that i didn't have my mum or my other bridesmaid with me. Spoke to mum today and she really understands and is going to come with me on friday so will see if then. I think my other bridesmaid is really cross though. She lives 160 miles away so planning shopping was always going to be tough. She has been very off with me, says she isn't cross but i know her well enough to know that she is, just from her tone. I don't really know what to do, she's been my best friend for years but i feel like she is being a bit unfair.

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Hopefully your friend is just disappointed to have missed out on the experience. Has she seen the pics? Perhaps after your mum sees the dress on friday you could send your friend some pics of you in the dress. That way she gets a private first viewing which should make her feel special and included again, and she will see how perfect it is and how happy it makes you, so she can't stay annoyed! Overcoming the distance with her for shopping and trying on was always going to be tricky, and those are ways i overcame it with my mum and best friends.

Congratulations on finding such a beautiful dress with such a great fit, I'm sure it looks even better in real life.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations and what a lovely dress. If you wanted it to be more pouffy just add a full or hooped underskirt. Do that before deciding on your shoes though as pouffing it out has the effect of making it shorter Smiley smile xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics