Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rosencrantz

Birthday party - wording help for invitation

Rosencrantz, 6 of November of 2008 at 17:28 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

Hi all,

I am having a Birthday party and I want to knock up some invitations rather than inviting everyone via email or word of mouth. The theme is Angels and Demons (yes, probably twee or silly but that's what I want and its my party, so there!). Rather than just having the usual date/time/location information, I would like to word it a bit more creatively, perhaps using the theme as a starting point.

This is what I've got so far, does it sound ok?

On Saturday31 January 2009 I am having an Angel delightful Birthday party and would love it if you could come and help me celebrate.

The doors to the seventh circle of Hell will open at 7:30pm and the plan is to keep partying, dancing and drinking late into the night.

To find the venue, type the demonic code XXX XXX into your satnav and fly on down to the XXX Pub in STREET, TOWN where we have a private bar reserved for some Angelic dancing and Demonic drinking.

I really hope you can make it, don’t forget your Devils horns & tail or Angel wings & harp as the theme for the night is Angels & Demons, the wilder the better!

RSVP to: EMAIL or MOBILE and I'll catch you on the other side of the cloud!

8 replies

Latest activity by Rosencrantz, 6 of November of 2008 at 20:21
  • Missus Jolly
    Beginner October 2004
    Missus Jolly ·
    • Hide content

Call yourself a Hitcher? Where's the money poem ?

• NickJ
    Beginner
    NickJ ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like youre trying to be hip, but actually it sounds like the writer is of an age to need a hip replacement. i dont like the angel delightful thing at all i m afraid. if youre doing invitations (and huge applause for using the word invitation and not "invite" [laugh) but why not have a look online for imagery like istockphoto and find some great royalty free images then use those and make it really simple. far cooler i think.

like this from istockphoto for example - may not be your taste but you know what i mean

• H
    Beginner
    Headless Lois ·
    • Hide content

I kind of agree with Nick in that it reads like a normal invitation, just rewritten slightly to try to be different. I think it needs to be properly, drastically, different and simpler.

And I quite fancy those two girls in that picture.

L
    xx

• NickJ
    Beginner
    NickJ ·
    • Hide content

Or something like this

• NickJ
    Beginner
    NickJ ·
    • Hide content

The other thing is that if you want people to dress sexily, then (i know this is horribly pedantic, and i did just have to look it up to check) but the 2nd circle of hell is the one which concerns lust. the 7th is all about violence.

• H
    Beginner
    Headless Lois ·
    • Hide content

Unleash your inner Demon or delight us with your Angelic side at my deliciously wicked birthday party on DATE

Door to the 2nd circle of hell open at 7.30.

Dress code : Wicked or Good depending on your mood

RSVP

Image in background

• NickJ
    Beginner
    NickJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

boom! as arri gold would say

• Clodders
    Beginner July 2007
    Clodders ·
    • Hide content

Quote"sounds like youre trying to be hip, but actually it sounds like the writer is of an age to need a hip replacement."

Sob, you dont have to be that old to have hip replacements.

Like the pic, No hip replacements on those two..

• Rosencrantz
    Rosencrantz ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your comments, I think you're right about my wording which is exactly why I asked for some help ?

Lois, I really like what you've suggested so thank you for that. I'd already planned to have an image on the front of the card with the wording and perhaps a faded image on the back, I'll look at the free image website you suggested Nick. Thanks also for pointing out it was the 2nd circle of hell I was after, although if you saw the location of the venue, you might think the 7th was more appropriate after all!

Missus Jolly, I never said there wouldn't be a poem... that was going to be my next question! ?

Thanks again for your help.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics